NOT MINE Not Mine 1971 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan - $5,500 - Surry, Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
This car is not mine, just found it on FB and am posting it here…
At the time of posting, this FB listing is 8 hours old.

1971 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan - $5,500 - Surry, Virginia

FB Description

1971 Chrysler New Yorker 400, Auto, A/C, AM Radio, Clock. Was repainted prior to my ownership, but the color looks great in the sun or when it’s cloudy. Stainless trim in phenomenal shape. No rust. Original blue interior. Drivers seat material is needing some love, but it’s cosmetic, the actual foam/seat springs are 100%. Runs/drives good. Has a Flowmaster muffler for a nice burble at idle. Needs: Front seal on A/C compressor (holds charge about a week, but blows ICE cold when charged) Original radio works sometimes, seems like an output issue Exhaust manifold gasket. Not too loud when it’s warm, but noticeable when cold. Upholstery work if you really want to I’ve got fifteen other cars, I don’t drive it much. Out of space and want something else in its place. It’s great fun to drive, turns heads everywhere, great conversation piece. They don’t make them like this anymore.
1971New Yorker5.jpg
1971New Yorker6.jpg
1971New Yorker4.jpg
1971New Yorker3.jpg
1971New Yorker1.jpg
1971New Yorker2.jpg
1971New Yorker7.jpg
1971New Yorker8.jpg

Looks nice :thumbsup:
Yea I was going to say the same until I saw the driver seat. They should of used the money spent on the flowmasters at the upholstery shop.
But no they wanted that "nice burble at idle" even if that have to sit in ****.

They should of used the money spent on the flowmasters at the upholstery shop.
But no they wanted that "nice burble at idle" even if that have to sit in ****.
By the way is it possible to find same material for seats? Or just need to wait for another car with similar interior to be parted?

By the way is it possible to find same material for seats? Or just need to wait for another car with similar interior to be parted?
I'm sure if you went to a very good antique car upholstery shop you could find something similar if not close.
Other than that it looks like you could salvage material from the back seat to the front, ie find identical rear seat and have the upholster redo the front.
Better than sitting on foam & springs (been there done that).

The drivers seat is a mess but you can get the original brocade cloth from SMS (Canby, Oregon).
Outside is unbelievable. So clean. Nice New Yorker.

jeez who paints a car orange ( seller's description) when it has a blue interior ????
i have nothing against color changes but this is a no for me.....

is it possible to find same material for seats? Or just need to wait for another car with similar interior to be parted?
Finding another car may be more cost-effective. FWIW, I like original materials, and when I looked into the cost of redoing the front seats on a 4dr 1971 NYer two years ago, the quote I got from a reputable upholsterer was well north of $2k. The problem, I was told me, is the number of complicated seams in that specific model's seats.

who paints a car orange (seller's description) when it has a blue interior ????
This car is from VA -- here is one possible explanation: Colors

Last edited:
jeez who paints a car orange ( seller's description) when it has a blue interior ????
i have nothing against color changes but this is a no for me.....
Orange and blue were my High School colors. Always hated them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back