For Sale Not Mine - 1971 Imperial on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks to be a decent auto. Going to be ATC. Also wonder how they came up with 4 wheel anti-lock brakes on a '71 Imperial. It was first offered as an option on the Imperial, but it is pretty rare. Would be cool if the ad is accurate and the anti-lock is still working. System was not noted for its reliability.

Dave

Last edited:
Thanks! Looks like GA8 Slate Gray (not "charcoal" as stated in the ad). The interior looks to be in superb shape, no crack on the rimblow wheel, supple leather (not "vinyl" as stated in the ad). I spot a dictaphone...

The selling service's website mentions an asking price of $21k. For that price, they could provide better exterior photos :rolleyes:

@saforwardlook @fc7_plumcrazy @Marv @Mr.Crowley @My65cuda

01.jpg

08.jpg

10.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! Looks like GA8. The interior looks to be in superb shape, no crack on the rimblow wheel, supple leather (not "vinyl" as stated in the ad). I spot a dictaphone...

The selling service's website mentions an asking price of $21k. For that price, they could provide better exterior photos :rolleyes:

@saforwardlook @fc7_plumcrazy @Marv @Mr.Crowley

View attachment 372328

View attachment 372329

View attachment 372337

View attachment 372330

View attachment 372331

View attachment 372332

View attachment 372333

View attachment 372334

View attachment 372335

View attachment 372336

Dont forget @DocMcNeedy. It doesnt just go away. :p

The feature on the tunnel is actually the cassette tape player that was part of the am/fm stereo radio package (but it did allow you to record something on your own just like a dictaphone too). My 71 New Yorker also has that option. This car is optioned to the max and I wonder whether either the auto temp or the 4 wheel anti skid brakes work as well. There are no parts anywhere for those braking systems as far as I have been able to tell. But I suspect the default system lets it revert to normal braking. I don't see an option that the car is missing off hand. Beautifully preserved. An underhood photo would be welcome.

wow, gorgeous !
i can see switches for rear air and rear def too
looks like the only option it doesnt have is power vent windows.

I would have expected a high optioned car like this to be ATC. Close look at the photo reveals it is not. Still has the issue of the anti-lock brakes, but that could be dealt with a lot easier than ATC. I am curious to see what this car sells for. In this market the seller may be dreaming at $21k but one never knows. There are not many this nice that show up.

Dave

If you zoom in on the picture taken from the left of the steering wheel you can see it doesn't have auto temp.

No power vent windows either. Sure is a beauty though.

You are correct, as I should have blown up the image to see it better regarding ATC. You are also correct about the power vent windows - those are something I would never want because they were powered by GM motors (Delco) so they rarely work. :rolleyes:

My bad......................Thanks guys! We now have some good weather after a miserable (by Calif standards!) winter, and so-called Spring to date, so I am trying to spend less time on this site and more time in the garage, with the large doors wide open!

By the way, does anyone have the auto-dimming headlight feature that actually still works, besides the anti-skid brakes?

Last edited:
My auto dimmer.. No worky....
My power vents -- Work well...
My ATC.... Sucked,, then leaked,, then died,, then got tossed..:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back