For Sale NOT MINE 1972 Chrysler imperial - $1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter65

Reaction score
Contact seller
If anyone is interested, may only be good for parts but someone that could use it should check it out before the derby guys crush it.

1972 Chrysler imperial
00D0D_3xrupnsKper_1200x900.jpg

Unwrecked, rust free straight primal paint, 440 auto tilt Tele ps pb air pw bucket seat, not sure if they are power. Motor missing, good for parts/ derby guys next winner.

The ad says no title.

Hmmmm.....not far from me. It is a 1969 model, not a 72. I might be able to use that one. No, I must not.............:BangHead:

I think this is the 3rd or 4th Imperial seller this summer that doesn't know what year Imperial they have...talked to a couple of them...:wtf: how does this happen?

I think this is the 3rd or 4th Imperial seller this summer that doesn't know what year Imperial they have...talked to a couple of them...:wtf: how does this happen?

No title. No knowledge. IOW, ignorant.

Last edited:
I talked with him. He is a very nice guy and just wants to see it saved. His grandmother had one similar to it in the past that he enjoyed riding in back in his early days. "Rode like a tank" he said.

He has interested derby guys but wants to see it restored. It is rust free (some surface he said) and even has nice chrome. But Modesto is a hot place, near Sacramento, CA but it also gets a lot of rain in the winter, but it doesn't stay around long. So expect a nice body and a baked interior. The car is green with a green bucket seat interior that he believes is all there including the door panels. The car seems to be complete except the engine is partially apart, with a short block being mostly nestled in the engine compartment. He may have some of the missing engine components with the car. He said he would let me know what the odometer reads and send me a couple photos.

He said he already sent a bunch of photos to someone in Florida who seems interested, but has to find out more about how to register a car without a title, and only has a bill of sale.

That is all I know at this point.

How much is he chasing for it and how hard is it to obtain a title in CA?
Shame if it was wrecked.

How much is he chasing for it and how hard is it to obtain a title in CA?
Shame if it was wrecked.

It is easy to get a title for it in California, but you have to know the ropes to do it. He did tell me the car is "off record" in California, so that makes it easy. One would need to have a VIN verifier inspect it and then you have to prepare a "statement of facts" (you need to know what to say in that section though) and in about 2 weeks, you would have a title. I think he is looking for a price between $2500 - $5000 just the way it is. He said he might put it on ebay and see how it goes. It looks a lot better than some of the other cars that are getting full restorations but started out with a significant amount of rust. This one is very clean by comparison it appears. It is from the estate of a 93 year old gentleman, and the seller has had the car about a week now. It apparently has been off the road since about 1984.

$2500-5000???

Lately I have noticed that most all cars from the '60s and '70s which are in fair condition or worse, and are nothing special as in valuable, seem to be all priced at $5000. At just the way it is the idea of $5000 is just too far fetched. Call me crazy but once an engine is either missing or in pieces then such a car as this takes a major hit is selling price.

$2500-5000???

Lately I have noticed that most all cars from the '60s and '70s which are in fair condition or worse, and are nothing special as in valuable, seem to be all priced at $5000. At just the way it is the idea of $5000 is just too far fetched. Call me crazy but once an engine is either missing or in pieces then such a car as this takes a major hit is selling price.

A 1969 Imperial coupe is a pretty desirable car to a number of people on this board, so I would think getting a complete, virtually rust free one with a bucket seat leather interior for $2500 or higher would not be out of line to those select few people wanting one. They are really pretty hard to come by. At least the short block is present as is the rest of the drive line, including the transmission. And the short block may well have the matching nos. on it. The rest of the parts are not hard to find.

He did tell me he was going to repost it with the correct model year or maybe do Ebay. But it could be sold. The Florida guy he talked with seemed pretty motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back