For Sale Not Mine 1976 Chrysler Cordoba - $6,500 - Westminster, Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
Only two photos and basically no description, but looks like a nice car.

1976 Chrysler Cordoba - $6,500 - Westminster, California

FB Description

Runs well Great condition Best offer

129392876_184545723295492_5362535810791819918_o.jpg
129586156_184545769962154_8793781205782980006_o.jpg

Nice car, wish it were closer. I'd think about one of those if the right one came along, definitely like the 75-77 with the round headlights though!

The brown one being advertised is a bargain compared to this rust bucket at half the price and the brown one would definitely cost you much less in the long run.

I always wondered while working for Chrysler at the time why the B bodies had pretty good build quality and the formal C bodies were dismal by comparison. One thing this taught me is that the chief engineers in charge of development and their ability to fight the damn bean counters was critical to a car line's success. The B bodies in this time period were actually durable and reliable while the formal C bodies were awful and nothing but trouble in comparison.

The brown one being advertised is a bargain compared to this rust bucket at half the price and the brown one would definitely cost you much less in the long run.

I always wondered while working for Chrysler at the time why the B bodies had pretty good build quality and the formal C bodies were dismal by comparison. One thing this taught me is that the chief engineers in charge of development and their ability to fight the damn bean counters was critical to a car line's success. The B bodies in this time period were actually durable and reliable while the formal C bodies were awful and nothing but trouble in comparison.

I'd agree if the brown one is a big block car as well. On the other comment I'll defer to your experience there. Being in the Northeast I noticed the Cordoba / Magnum and others B's of the period seemed to be less prone to rust.

129392876_184545723295492_5362535810791819918_o-jpg.jpg

Looks like it is parked at Fred Sanford's place.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiP9sMKRpw7WgJbQWe6z-cGGIZwrFXxNg4Uw&usqp=CAU.jpg

But it is a very nice looking car. There have been a few for sale lately in brown. For a while it seemed like the ones on the market were only white. I like the color!

When I saw the first Cordobas arrive at the local Chrylser dealership, I was amazed at the initial build quality. They all, at least the ones the local dealer received, had the Canadian maple leaf sticker on the door frame (made in Canada). Better fit/finish and paint, from what I could see.

Looks more like the dark gold color with matching vinyl landau roof, to me. Which is what I would have ordered, back then, with the matching gold leather buckets/console. With W23s, too. 1976 was the first year for a tilt steeling wheel in the Cordoba/Charger SE, plus the nicer steering wheels. The console shifter was still "SlapStik", too! Of course, the "tach dash" would accomodate the certified speedometer from the similar police B-bodies, too!

Just some memories . . .
CBODY67

If I was going to the trouble of getting another Cordoba, it'd have to be a 77. High mark of the breed.

Not often that you see a Cordoba with the full vinyl top. I wonder if it is a real P code...also rare.

As for build quality problems for C bodies, the first batch Fuselage cars were the worst in my experience...rattles and leaks like you wouldn't believe...and at levels I never saw in a Formal.

Even the 78's, that had the worst Formal build quality issues in my experience, which I chalk up to the problems the company was having leading up to the government loans, were not as bad as the rushed Fuselage cars in my experience.

Last edited:
That doesn't match my experiences and I was there at the time for both roll outs....................

There were some initial launch issues with the fuselage wholescale redesigns but they were brought under control reasonably quickly with teams dispatched to the assembly plant to get to the root causes as fast as possible.

The biggest problem with the Formals was that at 30-40K miles, they were all coming back to the dealerships for problems that shouldn't have been occuring at such low mileage that the techs couldn't fix and got dumped quickly. That led to Chrysler's bankruptcy circa 1980. The instrument panels were cheap plastic that broke easily trying to take them apart and then the electronics inside were a nightmare of junk components as well. The driveability of the formals was also non-commercial especially in the early years as well and caused plenty of lawsuits. Formals also had plenty of leak issues that showed up at the Nu Car Prep facilities and had to be fixed before they could be sold. The roof trim was a problem on those cars in a big way and over time as well...............

Hello

I have trouble to reached link FB. Anybody help me out to contact to this '76 Cordoba please ?

Hello

I have trouble to reached link FB. Anybody help me out to contact to this '76 Cordoba please ?

The first problem is that this is a discussion forum and no one here is selling the car. The members just like to discuss cars for sale elsewhere.

Second problem is the car was/is advertised on Facebook.

Third problem is the ad is 3 weeks old

forth most advertisers on Facebook are not always actual car people like on this forum.

perhaps you have someone more familiar with Facebook than us who can assist you.

Good luck

That doesn't match my experiences and I was there at the time for both roll outs....................

There were some initial launch issues with the fuselage wholescale redesigns but they were brought under control reasonably quickly with teams dispatched to the assembly plant to get to the root causes as fast as possible.

The biggest problem with the Formals was that at 30-40K miles, they were all coming back to the dealerships for problems that shouldn't have been occuring at such low mileage that the techs couldn't fix and got dumped quickly. That led to Chrysler's bankruptcy circa 1980. The instrument panels were cheap plastic that broke easily trying to take them apart and then the electronics inside were a nightmare of junk components as well. The driveability of the formals was also non-commercial especially in the early years as well and caused plenty of lawsuits. Formals also had plenty of leak issues that showed up at the Nu Car Prep facilities and had to be fixed before they could be sold. The roof trim was a problem on those cars in a big way and over time as well...............

Like I said...my experience vs yours. I was there too and I would say it was not until 71 that the issues were settled out.

I don't see how you can disagree with someone else's experience. You just had a different experience.

First Mopar ( Cordoba )
Think it was 1995-96 ; found this old picture ; me and my oldest sister......:lol:
mopar1.jpg

Like I said...my experience vs yours. I was there too and I would say it was not until 71 that the issues were settled out.

I don't see how you can disagree with someone else's experience. You just had a different experience.

All I said was I disagree, which of course means my experiences differed, i.e. didn't match yours. Just because the only option for disagree on this site is a red one (that some interpret as something worse - that is why I don't like the red highlight) doesn't mean I was saying you were wrong. Being overly sensitive on a site like this isn't a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back