For Sale Not mine-2 ‘68 Chargers 28K. Will they get crushed, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph James

Reaction score
Contact seller
I’m not a Charger guy but some of you might be. I wouldn’t pay this price considering the condition of the cars. Maybe I am just not sophisticated enough to understand the pricing. Detailed description on each car at link.

upload_2019-11-16_16-34-55.jpeg

$28,500 OBO for Both Chargers, Also I am willing to sell separately. Not looking to trade at all.

Both cars are 1968 Dodge Chargers and both cars have clear titles. I am located in Florence, South Carolina 29505.
1968 Dodge Charger

I will not respond to emails or text messages

Last edited:
I’m not a Charger guy but some of you might be. I wouldn’t pay this price considering the condition of the cars. Maybe I am just not sophisticated enough to understand the pricing. Detailed description on each car at link.

View attachment 330297

$28,500 OBO for Both Chargers, Also I am willing to sell separately. Not looking to trade at all.

Both cars are 1968 Dodge Chargers and both cars have clear titles. I am located in Florence, South Carolina 29505.
1968 Dodge Charger

I will not respond to emails or text messages

These are both very rough and you would not need much sophistication to know that they are overpriced. The green one is is rusted out 318 car with little potential even for parts. The "Dukes of Hazard", General Lee car if original, appears to me to be missing the engine as it is sitting very high. That probably is why there are no photos from under the hood. Note that the orange one has a '69 grill if it isn't a '69 model. The Hazard cars were all '69 models, if original with documentation it is a valuable car even in its current sorry state. Given the sorry state of the car, I suspect it is a small block clone and is probably not worth much either. Build tag would help but is not supplied, so I would guess this a a flipper trying to pull a fast one. The Hazard series was popular and there are lots of clones out there, most of which are not worth diddly.

Dave

These are both very rough and you would not need much sophistication to know that they are overpriced. The green one is is rusted out 318 car with little potential even for parts. The "Dukes of Hazard", General Lee car if original, appears to me to be missing the engine as it is sitting very high. That probably is why there are no photos from under the hood. Note that the orange one has a '69 grill if it isn't a '69 model. The Hazard cars were all '69 models, if original with documentation it is a valuable car even in its current sorry state. Given the sorry state of the car, I suspect it is a small block clone and is probably not worth much either. Build tag would help but is not supplied, so I would guess this a a flipper trying to pull a fast one. The Hazard series was popular and there are lots of clones out there, most of which are not worth diddly.

Dave
Ad says the Duke clone is a 68 turned into a 69. Claims it is a B engine H-code model. There is one pic of the empty engine bay. I noticed the master cylinder reservoir missing the lid which can’t be good for the brake system.

5K for the green one and 3.5k for the other.

Yeah, I don't know or understand what is driving these Charger prices up to where they are? It is delusional and I am a multiple Charger owner. Hell, owned this one over 29 years and I still don't have 10G's into it to date.

20170903_161436.jpg

I paid $1800 for mine in 2003, running with a small block, originally a 383-2 bbl.
Mine is a XP29, without being a XS29 it would have to be nice to be worth 5 digits.

The 2nd generation Chargers had the baddest look IMO.
I see prices like this all the time and agree a shelled out Charger is absolutely not worth the prices they get listed at.
The 70 would be my favorite, but with the prices they are fetching for one thats done, or even a nice driver, I'll be stickin with my C bodies.

The 2nd generation Chargers had the baddest look IMO.
I see prices like this all the time and agree a shelled out Charger is absolutely not worth the prices they get listed at.
The 70 would be my favorite, but with the prices they are fetching for one thats done, or even a nice driver, I'll be stickin with my C bodies.
I would love a 68 or 69, but like you said the prices they want for some of them I wont be getting one any time soon.

I like the 1st and 2nd Gen Charger's.

I'm starting to warm up to the 1971's and newer. I didn't like them when they were new and was really disappointed when the compression dropped like a rock in 1972.

The General Lee car was my old car. I traded a 74 satellite cloned RR. Drove to PA to pick it up. Guy is just flipping it. It was a 68. Car needs complete back half. Frame rails and most the car was "home made" . I sold it to purchase another 69 Charger.

The General Lee car was my old car. I traded a 74 satellite cloned RR. Drove to PA to pick it up. Guy is just flipping it. It was a 68. Car needs complete back half. Frame rails and most the car was "home made" . I sold it to purchase another 69 Charger.
Sounds like you got the better end of the trade. I can’t imagine paying that much for so little of a car in such bad shape. I could get A LOT of C Body for that kind of money.

The Australian Valiant Charger which is new to me. Was in a Hagerty magazine someone gave to me. Photo of car and the 6 cylinder with Weber carbs.

4AA26470-252C-47BA-860E-97DAD796340E.jpeg

25E307FD-6CF9-4563-8D99-5FF58DE7BCD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like you got the better end of the trade. I can’t imagine paying that much for so little of a car in such bad shape. I could get A LOT of C Body for that kind of money.

The Australian Valiant Charger which is new to me. Was in a Hagerty magazine someone gave to me. Photo of car and the 6 cylinder with Weber carbs.

View attachment 340933

View attachment 340934

You could get a very NICE C-Body or if you’re patient possibly 2 GOOD C Bodies for that money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back