For Sale NOT MINE 33 Plymouth PC - Sleeper Street Rod $30,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter65

Reaction score
Contact seller
The Grandfather of a guy I work with is getting rid of his cars because of failing health. He can no longer drive. He has a 1933 Plymouth PC that has a 360 w/ 727 Trans, Mustang II front suspension and an S10 rear end. The rest of the car looks very nice and mostly original. It has add on front turn signals and I believe the original wire wheels are long gone. I'm told it's 35k miles but I don't know yet if that's the drivetrain or the car.

If you know anyone looking for something like this, PM me and I'll get answers or put you in contact with who can answer. BTW, the 73 Charger in the pics has already gone to the owner's son.

2E71CA5D.PNG
33A058CC.PNG
A8C21380.PNG
A52CA8BB.PNG
CD1FFD81.PNG
EB3A458E.PNG
F48A1C37.PNG

That's sweet! Glad it isn't powered by a Chevy.

Question: why is the Mustang front-end so popular? I see complete frontends being built and offered for rods, yet this is a common choice. Can someone say why?

That's sweet! Glad it isn't powered by a Chevy.

Question: why is the Mustang front-end so popular? I see complete frontends being built and offered for rods, yet this is a common choice. Can someone say why?
I agree!! That's exactly what I told him when he told me it was a 360 w/727. Do a Mopar right, :thumbsup:

I've heard the Mustang II front suspension is "almost" a bolt on for this era car and they work well in them from a handling perspective but I don't have any first hand knowledge.

[QUOTE="Snotty,
Question: why is the Mustang front-end so popular? I see complete frontends being built and offered for rods, yet this is a common choice. Can someone say why?[/QUOTE]

The Mustang front end is somewhat old school. They became popular because of simplicity, availability and because they were cheap. This was before most of the current custom componants of today were around.

They were one of the first rack and pinion setups so they became a standard.

Before the aftermarket came along, they were fairly easy to separate from a Mustang II as a unit and because it was a complete suspension and steering unit, you didn't have to engineer all the pickup points on it's new home.

The architecture is simple, compact and easy to manufacture and there was a demand that got even larger after all the Mustangs got turned back into soup cans. Enter the aftermarket.

Your basic Small Block Chev of the suspension world.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back