Not Mine 66 Chrysler Town and Country Ambulance. Att'n Ross...

How does it run and drive like a cloud if it's apart getting new rings?

"I'm in the process of putting new rings in it. Car drives like it's on a cloud."

the front and rear roof emergency lights look to be taillights taken from a 1961 Belvedere / Fury !!

1655392709912.png

I'd bet it is fiberglass, and that the trim strips were attached with non-stainless screws, hence the rust tracks down to the front windshield.

Looks like it sold already for $8,000. It says no longer available. COOL car nevertheless, wow :eek: :thumbsup:

Cool car! I remember seeing pics of that floating around on the internet years ago. Looks like it's starting to show its age. I would've liked to see the Kijiji ad but it's been taken down.

What was in the ad I posted in my "for posterity" response above.
I was thinking more of the ad text. The original post only includes the first couple sentences. Based on the pictures, comments here, and the forum thread that @69monaco found, it sounds like the seller tore the top end apart in 2020 due to an overheating problem which he suspected was a blown headgasket. Then he never got it back together, and the car was being sold with the engine still torn apart.

I could do without that logo between every picture!
If you look at this forum thread that @69monaco found, I think it has all the same pictures not rolled into a video.

I was thinking more of the ad text. The original post only includes the first couple sentences. Based on the pictures, comments here, and the forum thread that @69monaco found, it sounds like the seller tore the top end apart in 2020 due to an overheating problem which he suspected was a blown headgasket. Then he never got it back together, and the car was being sold with the engine still torn apart.
Ahhh - all the ad text mentioned was that he was starting up a business and needed the funds. I think sadly that he was in over his head in terms of the mechanicals surrounding a car like that - if you read the 5 pages of stuff on that ambulance forum linked above, one shakes their head with some of the avoidable situations he got himself into, through inexperience and sadly, bad advice.

Ahhh - all the ad text mentioned was that he was starting up a business and needed the funds. I think sadly that he was in over his head in terms of the mechanicals surrounding a car like that - if you read the 5 pages of stuff on that ambulance forum linked above, one shakes their head with some of the avoidable situations he got himself into, through inexperience and sadly, bad advice.
I just skimmed most of it, but I came to the same conclusion. I saw that he timed the engine without a timing light, was chasing an overheating problem and hard hot-starting (either of which could have been a result of incorrect timing), installed an electric fan blowing air the wrong way, installed a new thermostat without knowing the opening temp, sketchy wiring job...

Hopefully it went to a good home and it will be back on the road in good time.

Back