For Sale Not mine, 70 Fury Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

68 4spd Fury

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. Saw this at a show in Punta Gorda, FL. Repaint from green to the yellow, didn't see owner to look in trunk.
IMG_3231.JPG
IMG_3230.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3233.JPG
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3235.JPG

Also saw one of these, had one a long time ago with the sliding roof, (only it was a Matchbox Car). Never saw one in person before. I like the little tailgate step.

IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3238.JPG

Not mine. Saw this at a show in Punta Gorda, FL. Repaint from green to the yellow, didn't see owner to look in trunk.
View attachment 251355 View attachment 251358 View attachment 251359 View attachment 251361 View attachment 251362 View attachment 251363

Crappy seat covers, missing trim, door cards, looks to be missing tailpipes. Repaint over spray on tires and undercarriage, passenger door trim is misaligned, missing taillight lenses, these are hard to come by, front and rear bumpers loose or misaligned. Belt line trim is incorrect for the application. Must have flunked the presentation on prep for sale. This is likely not a factory 440 as the hood is missing the 440 script. Most likely was not a 383 either. Likely still needs many thousands in work.

Dave

Crappy seat covers, missing trim, door cards, looks to be missing tailpipes. Repaint over spray on tires and undercarriage, passenger door trim is misaligned, missing taillight lenses, these are hard to come by, front and rear bumpers loose or misaligned. Belt line trim is incorrect for the application. Must have flunked the presentation on prep for sale. This is likely not a factory 440 as the hood is missing the 440 script. Most likely was not a 383 either. Likely still needs many thousands in work.Dave
I agree on most of your points, but I liked the OP because I couldn't see bondo. Body looks straight to me. Looks like a project where someone ran out of money. Taillights might be in trunk, along with door panels, trunk lock, etc (see bottom half of ad). $7500 is a little steep, given partially assembled condition, but it is an obo price. Might be an interesting starting point for someone, plus it's one of 1,952 1970 convertibles originally made and the last year of the Plymouth full size convertible.

Says 440, is it a T code ? No VIN photo?
I couldn't resist so I called the seller and he said it was originally a 383 car, but he had found a 440 from another car (don't think it was another Fury, it was a pretty quick conversation) Oh, and he said he sold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back