727 automatic
8 3/4 rearend
3 rows of seats all new
Power steering
power brakes
No rust at all very solid

Car runs and drives great
Comes with chrome 5 spoke wheels

1972 dodge polara 440 wagon - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

Looks like they poured some money into that engine.

Probably has about $8k or better in the engine and another $1.5-$2k for the beefed up transmission if someone else did the work. Seller is buried with not much hope of digging out from this car.

Dave

I remember this wagon. Believe there is a tread on it here somewhere. Believe it used to belong to a member here as well, looked really nice until it was modified. Not at all a fan of the AAR Cuda/ TA Challenger side exhaust. Think the car is a bit overpriced, however I would think he probably has close to $14,500 into car with the upgrades.

This car has been for sale a while and listed on here more than once..
The guy says he needs money to go skool....

It's all over Craigslist, from coast to coast. A few cosmetic quick fixes and you'd have a plain Jane cruiser. I'd have to keep it as is for at least a little while, but I'd put the high beams back in.

I just realized that @commando1 and I have something in common... A prior-owned C-body that's been butchered-up with stupid hood scoop(s) that the Xth owner can't unload. :(

It was a young kid right? He was just doing things his way. Not the end of the world. Pretty cool wagon.

I think the reason the market disfavors a lot of vehicle modifications is that they decrease functionality. When I owned this car, it was a 360/Edelbrock 4bbl and was actually used as part of a mobile business (the side windows were even lettered). That meant it had to start reliably, idle in heavy traffic, provide reasonable fuel economy, etc. The old car aspect was simply part of advertising/ice-breaking.

It's now been transformed into some kind of "race car", but it would be a poor one at that. That drivetrain put into anything else is going to be a lot faster. That drivetrain in this car makes it unsuitable for the use I described in the first paragraph. 'Tis now neither fish, nor fowl. The asking price will either get me something faster, or more useful. The only way to sell this assembly of parts is separately. Perhaps $3k for the drivetrain (if there are receipts) and about $2000 for the shell, largely because it's solid and has a nice interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back