NOT MINE : FOR SALE 1968 Chrysler 300 show car low rider $22,500.

Someone threw a lot of cash at this more door car.

I would bet that even at $22.5k the owner is still taking a serious loss. I would be suprised if he gets $12.5k for it. Too bad because this looks like a quality resto-mod.

Dave

I have to agree. I don’t want any hair on my leather panels and I’m not into low rider modifications.

I likethe car.

But the claim to all original is got me stumped other than an all original drive line is what the seller is referring to right?

Used to see a lot of cars like this in Texas cattle country back in the '70's, missing the horns on the hood.

Dave

I don't quite understand how they are calling it a "low rider", but what ever...

I really like the car. Like the custom paint on the top although I would have made other color choices if it were me. I don't like the wheels and the door inserts just don't do it for me. They look way out of place with the rest of the car.

Wow! Another 4 door '68 300!! You may have already seen my '68 300 as I have posted it on another thread, but here it is again. This one IS original, with its unmolested 440 and very nice Turbine Bronze/Black Vinyl scheme. My folks ordered it new and it was delivered June 1968. I've had it since 1974 (age 18 the) and yes, it's big. Quite the car! My interior is exactly as pictured in the advertised car.

I have to wonder what my car could fetch $$$. I always think about the four door "thing" vs. coupe and converts; and then I wonder outside of this forum, how collectable are these things? I am always curious as to why my '68 appeals to others aa I do take it to local shows. Interest has increased in the past few years I think because of that unique front end and the condition of the car as a true survivor. Sentiment precludes serious consideration for a sale, but for the right price.....................I was very happy to see that ad and while it's not my vision of how to do one of these it is interesting....

I'm enjoying the conversation......thanks to all.

IMG_6157.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6154.JPG

IMG_6159.JPG

Wow! Another 4 door '68 300!! You may have already seen my '68 300 as I have posted it on another thread, but here it is again. This one IS original, with its unmolested 440 and very nice Turbine Bronze/Black Vinyl scheme. My folks ordered it new and it was delivered June 1968. I've had it since 1974 (age 18 the) and yes, it's big. Quite the car! My interior is exactly as pictured in the advertised car.

I have to wonder what my car could fetch $$$. I always think about the four door "thing" vs. coupe and converts; and then I wonder outside of this forum, how collectable are these things? I am always curious as to why my '68 appeals to others aa I do take it to local shows. Interest has increased in the past few years I think because of that unique front end and the condition of the car as a true survivor. Sentiment precludes serious consideration for a sale, but for the right price.....................I was very happy to see that ad and while it's not my vision of how to do one of these it is interesting....

I'm enjoying the conversation......thanks to all.

View attachment 300470

View attachment 300471

View attachment 300472

View attachment 300473
What you have Sir is a very respectable original car that in my opinion is worth as much as or more than the one I posted. Keep it , drive it , enjoy it !

What you have Sir is a very respectable original car that in my opinion is worth as much as or more than the one I posted. Keep it , drive it , enjoy it !
Thanks, very kind of you. I have been made a few offers, nothing worth considering, and it has been hard to even think about letting it go. A collector friend once reminded me that we never really own these; we're just keepers in line to pass'em to the next custodian.

I hate the wheels and the green top, everything else wouldn’t turn me away from this beauty. Well except for the price...

I hate the wheels and the green top, everything else wouldn’t turn me away from this beauty. Well except for the price...
$22K in Loonies and Toonies... $16.7K in 'Merican bucks. Bet $14K would buy it.

Is that really that far out of the ballpark for a nice 300?

$22K in Loonies and Toonies... $16.7K in 'Merican bucks. Bet $14K would buy it.

Is that really that far out of the ballpark for a nice 300?
Which one are we talking about now the first or the second in this thread???:poke:

WHAT is a "laced" paint job? Maybe it's me, but $5K isn't a whole lot for new paint, especially with all that custom work. I'd bet that the green paint "enhancements" replaced what was originally a black vinyl top.

Looks RIDICULOUS with those 13" wheels, a 15" set of Magnums would correct that nicely, and would be correct for a '68.

Get rid of those furry door panels, and re-vinyl the top, and this car could hold its own again. It DOES seem to be bronze, however.

THe seller has a long way to go price-wise before it finds a good home, which I hope it does...……

I do like it...sort of. Would I change it back to stock? Maybe, but I would more likely just make a couple of changes to it as is. I like the paint color of the body. I like the pinstriping. I would like the wheels better if they were chrome (chrome is for cars, gold is for jewelry, IMO.) and they would have to be more than 13 inch, it's not a Datsun! I like the black interior and I like the engine. In some shots the door panels are black, no fur.

Which brings me to what I don't like, I don't like the fur on the doors. It reminds me of that hideous colored fur that everybody used to glue on their dashes back in the '70s. A buddy loved that stuff, put it in every car he owned back then. Not for me. I also don't like the green top. I like lace paint jobs, but would have chosen some color close to the rest of the car, maybe a darker bronze, copper or reddish tone.

Would I want it? Yes. Would I buy it? No, at least not at that price or even close. Why? Because I doubt if anyone would ever pay anywhere near that when I tried to sell.

It does have the paint scheme and wheel style of a low rider. Be glad he didn't do the suspension mods. I'll never understand why people put that amount of money and work into a car to then go and hop it up and down, twist and shake the crap out of it, but to each his own. It keeps the (car) hobby interesting anyway.

Back