Not mine, not a Cbody wagon but...

twostick

Reaction score
Facebook ad. Not sure if it will link or not.

78 Monaco police spec wagon.

FB_IMG_1600187505671.jpg

In 77 Dodge did the same as Plymouth did a few years earlier. Dodge rebranded the Coronet the Monaco and rebranded the C-Body Monaco's Royal Monaco.

1977%20Dodge-07.jpg

I'm not sure about this being a Phoenix Police squad car. While they did have 77 or 78 Fury's in the fleet I never saw any wagons. Also They were tan not white although they had a white roof. I could be wrong, Maybe Brad knows? @Moparbrad Here's the color scheme of the era.
i062110.jpg

Well, I know Phoenix cop cars were all tan and white in the late 60s up to the 80s I believe. But that alone doesn’t rule this car out. I don’t do Facebook so I can’t see all the pics. Is there a fender tag? I just doubt it being a cop car because it’s a 2 barrel 360. I owned a 76 Coronet wagon and a 75 4 door sedan that both had a certified speedos and a 318/360 2 barrel. They were part of a government fleet of car pool cars or something like that. I also had a 74 Coronet cop car with a 360 4 barrel that was a cop car and the fender tag proved it.

Many police spec cars of all brands were bought by federal or local government offices or by the police as unmarked detective or supervisors cars, most did not have spotlights or roof lights and could have been any color.

Back