For Sale NOT MINE Time Capsule NYB for sale on BaT.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperialist67

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Just spotted this time capsule NYB for sale on BringATrailer, haven't seen a C-body car on here in a while.

No Reserve: 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham

Nicest one I have seen in a long time, in triple blue (Cadet blue, I think). Anyone familiar with this car?

1978_chrysler_new_yorker_1589505855a4180a8a78db7L1300397-940x618.jpg

Why would the area behind the rear wheels have a newer maroon colored undercoating but the rest of the car has the aged black colored undercoating.

Why would the area behind the rear wheels have a newer maroon colored undercoating but the rest of the car has the aged black colored undercoating.

We've already talked about this one over in this thread.
Here’s one...on BAT

That odd ball colored undercoating is some Vatozone rattle can undercoating spray from back in the 70/80's, off color cheap azz brand... I got a couple of cans of it way back when.

I suspect in the long life of this car that during it's storage life that the gas tank was rusted out/cruded up and replaced at one time. Only a fool would undercoat a gas tank.

For that??? Wow! Well, it's a really nice car regardless that it's not a well sought after model. Good to see the C-Bodies going up in value.

Com'on that looks like maybe 20k miles of NYC driving ... Lol.

Love the **** weld fix on the muffler.

What about the frame holes (tore up) by the lift pads? I know that these can be used for a tie down in transport, but wouldn't they use something more substantial? I know my 76/77 Gran Furys had a heavy metal bracket by the rear shackles to tie down the car on a flatbed.

I always thought those holes were for a body shop to hook up the chains on a frame table for a straitening pull. In the picture the left side one is tore into real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back