NOT MINE now on Bring a Trailer with 534 miles 78 NYB

What a terrific car. Marko: I just sent you a link to the auction, then I noticed that you've already posted it here.

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 16-56-24 1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe.jpg

Up to $22K with a day to go (ends Sat afternoon)...about what I figured the car would/will sell for. $25K at the end?

A nice car that really needs to be driven and enjoyed. I could never own a garage queen. I could never stick a leather recliner in the shop and just stare at a car. ANY car. Drive!

I was going to stay out of this one. Are you the one that accused me of being 'Obsessed' with BaT?
When I read that in one of these other fake low mileage cars I thought wot'da'hell he going on about... So I had to do do some research as because I pretty much gave up on BaT when the 'Porsche People' took over it. There was another mention of BaT recently as to it's a flippers paradise and after doing my research I thought naaa it's not that (or I missed that segment) and thought I took some notes on my research but couldn't find them, but whoola there in my bookmarks were several of the important reads about BaT. Just poodle "BaT Auction horror stories", I could write up a whole summary of BaT (it's not pretty).
Oh seems that many 'Enthusiasts' (exBaT) have swung over to another auction site, Busted Knuckles or something like that. I had a geeez, GM muscle car after GM muscle car, maybe I should give it some more time and only use the search function.

This is a fairly nice well cared for car but if you can't see how it's 'Doctored Up' oh well. Oh BTW I don't know how they got the odometer at 534 miles but there is NOS in the box speedometers up on eekBay. (they are out there)

Massive thread here about this car:

1978 NYB, 392 MILES,For the sceptics.

Mileage aside, it's a beautiful car. I'd love to have it in my garage (that is, if I had a garage). I wouldn't be a taker at $22k though.
Oh so this is Richards car?... perfect place for it to end up (wonder what took so long) ha ha...

(edit) naaa this one not Richards car his was silver.

No, this is Richard's old car. Look at the stripes and the Imperial hood ornament. At least, it has fresh tires on it and 140 miles added to the odo.

I hope the seller gets all the money for it.

And no, I'm not the one who said you were "obsessed" with BaT.

No, this is Richard's old car. Look at the stripes and the Imperial hood ornament. At least, it has fresh tires on it and 140 miles added to the odo.

I hope the seller gets all the money for it.

And no, I'm not the one who said you were "obsessed" with BaT.
Yea your right same Fender Tag, I just had a quick spin thru the 392 mile post, compare the Carlisle picture to now... aaaYep doctored up some more, wonder how they fixed the sagging headliner. Anyways the most appropriate pictures in the 392 mile thread are (drum roll)

deadhorse-gif.gif

beat-horse-gif.gif

:lol:

Yea your right same Fender Tag, I just had a quick spin thru the 392 mile post, compare the Carlisle picture to now... aaaYep doctored up some more, wonder how they fixed the sagging headliner. Anyways the most appropriate pictures in the 392 mile thread are (drum roll)

View attachment 487324

View attachment 487325

:lol:
In one of the numerous threads about this car, probably the last one, the dealer that has the car was taking care of some of the issues with the car. For example, IIRC, he was talking about getting the radio fixed and working before it gets sold. It looked like he cleaned the car up too. Those were things Richard never did and probably explains why he got near what Richard was asking for the car.

IMHO, I don't think the car is worth that, but there's an *** for every seat, as they say in the used car business.

Yea I stupidly left my Saturday UK Video chat to check and see if there was a final on this one and caught the last dozen or so 2 minute resets when it skyrocketed from 26k to over 30k I say something fishy, losing bidder said he lost his WiFi in the final minute (lucky him) but wanted to go higher.

:realcrazy:

It's funny in the comments about this car as it took a bashing and many posts were deleted "Disenting opinions are never allowed", and the only seller comment to verify the low mileage was "Evidence that this is the correct miles. Two of the last guys that handled this car prior to me owning it confirm it." Seems that one commentator thinks the car was in SC still with a Massachusetts title, which is odd(?), is Richard consigning it?, SC dealer avoiding title fees? Seller also kind of implies that the car mileage has been verified on "subject of conversation on the various C-body forums over the past year. It is the real deal."

Now I'm not being BaT 'Obsessive' here but just exercising my senior memory cells, didn't Richard say in the 30 page post of this car that he got it from some NYC executive that had 'Corporate Chrysler' ties? And that this came from a 100 car estate that never saw the 'Light of Day'?

Seems the new seller says the car was in Jersey owned by: "This belonged to some eccentric Professor out of NJ who loved Mopars. He bought a few and put them up. That is it. Thanks and good luck bidding!!"

And tries to pass off the flaws with: "it was not stored in a climate controlled environment and was still subject to some of the elements. It has a couple touched up chips." (all from the BaT comments). A couple? I don't know I saw more than a couple of finger pointing flaws in the 200+ photos.

Fools with money, but the Cult of BaT loves the results.

Personally, I would expect to see more of this car in the future as the new owner finds us and either makes himself known or realizes he spent too much and tries to recoup the loss. Regardless, I look forward to the **** show(s) this car continues to produce.

Why are the train wreaks more interesting to watch than so many of the victories?

The seller got the money for it, great on him! Who knows what story Richard told the guy he sold it to? Doesn't matter, I guess. Someone out there felt the car was worth the money, and isn't that what a car is worth? The agreed-to price between the seller and buyer? Therefore, this car is worth $39K and change. Perhaps not to any of us, but someone.

One thing about that stripe...could a '78 NYB be ordered, sans stripes? Were this the case, the original buyer could've had the dealer add the current stripe. Notice the flourish at the front of the car; that is NOT present on any '78 I've ever seen! Again, we'll likely never know how that (or the Imperial hood ornament) came to pass.

Back