Now this guy is crazy cool!

Over 17 years to build and then only kept it for year and half...
And on top of it for only 67000$ .......... :wtf:

Over 17 years to build and then only kept it for year and half...
And on top of it for only 67000$ .......... :wtf:

He sounds like the kind of craftsman who enjoys the "build", the finished product not so much. I'm a little like that in that I enjoy refurbishing old furnature, but I give it away when done because it takes up too much space in my workshop. :p

The $67,000 is probably a crap shoot for the new owner, anything breaks and he'll have a ***** of a time getting replacement parts. A traffic fender bender could be a write off unless he can learn how to make replacements.

Speaking of which, I'd love to have access to that guy's shop and look over his shoulder while he uses the English Wheel.
:lol:

I would give a nut for one of those. I think it is the best looking sports car ever made, there is something magical about it which speaks to the child in me. Almost like a spaceship or... A fighter jet. I love those things. But it needs to have the v12 which takes forever to start... Cool sound when all the fuel pumps come on and start priming the carbs! Again, like a spaceship.

He sounds like the kind of craftsman who enjoys the "build", the finished product not so much. I'm a little like that in that I enjoy refurbishing old furnature, but I give it away when done because it takes up too much space in my workshop. :p
I'm the same way. I like to build stereo speakers, and lately have been building boomboxes, portable stereos, etc, with loose amplifier boards from Parts Express. But afterward the speakers need to go away, because most of them I'm only interested in finding out how they sound.

I would give a nut for one of those. I think it is the best looking sports car ever made, there is something magical about it which speaks to the child in me. Almost like a spaceship or... A fighter jet. I love those things. But it needs to have the v12 which takes forever to start... Cool sound when all the fuel pumps come on and start priming the carbs! Again, like a spaceship.

Haha. It feels like it too. He did a great job on this one, it's fairly accurate, but yeah, missing the v12. I would have used a BMW v12.

Last edited:
Back