Off to the body/paint shop

A few tips when reassenbling a freshly painted car.

A set of small files, one flat, one round and a triangle will be needed.
Any place where there is a trim or componant hole in the body should be taped over and all the paint/materials filed back to metal using only inward strokes of the file. Then remove tape and apply a dab of grease to the exposed metal. This to avoid paint flaking with trim fastener contact.

tape up any trim to paint contact areas with a double layer of tape.

Apply a thin film of grease to any gaskets such as door handles, locks, mirrors. this will form a water barrier/seal when tightened.

Apply a dab of sealer to any threaded trim studs and tighten the nut only snug enough to secure the trim to where it dosent move. This is to avoid a "pucker" in the panel caused by overtightening. When set the sealer will help keep things secure.

Never "pound" or otherwise exert excessive pressure to locate trim push/snap clips. A steady, firm push is all that should be needed. This also to avoid a "pucker" in your panel.

You likely already know all this.... Mostly common sence.

Have fun with it and keep us abreast......
Thanks for the great tips. I will keep everyone up to date on my progress. I will post new picture when she is back in my shop.

The 300 is going to be delivered on Saturday. I wish I had more time to work on her, this weekend is really busy. Pictures and video will come soon after.:eek:s_dancing2:

The 300 is going to be delivered on Saturday. I wish I had more time to work on her, this weekend is really busy. Pictures and video will come soon after.:eek:s_dancing2:

So close, that would send me over the edge.....

I know, me too. Thank God for these dancing smily icons!

She's back home!:yaayy:
Back out of the trailer.sm.jpgBack from paint.sm.jpgBack from paint 2.sm.jpg

Back from paint 2.sm.jpg

Back from paint.sm.jpg

Back out of the trailer.sm.jpg

Holy smokes that is gorgeous, the body, wheels, color, the whole package...........well done

Thanks everyone, here is a short video of the painter backing the car out of his trailer and me seeing it painted for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweetness and it sounds like BAD ASSERY DEFINED! What the hell was that that fell out at about the 27 sec mark? At first I though a shovel and then decided maybe it's a broom. I would have been freaking :)

I just looked at the video on full screen. The car looks amazing! I would take a look at the right side of the car....he ran over a broom with the right rear tire and it may of hit or scraped the right side of the car.

I just looked at the video on full screen. The car looks amazing! I would take a look at the right side of the car....he ran over a broom with the right rear tire and it may of hit or scraped the right side of the car.

You are correct Bob in full screen it is a broom and it looks even more amazing. Damn that's nice!

Back