Off topic but relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have destested K-cars since they were introduced.
Never met one I could ever say a decent word about in any way, manner or form.
I ran across this today and I thought to myself, is this epitome of K-car ugliness???

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3197740543.html

5I55F55M63G13Ff3J8c8aa06d2cb1901c191e.jpg

Probably is. I worked at a dealership in 84, I drove many, many different cars. Oddly enough I have liked many of the K's especially an Aries two door or wagon. The Aries much like the PT Cruise would be a good car if it tripled its size with a V8 under the hood.

He musted of liked this one. Drove the wheels off of it 157K miles. It appears well maintained and in great condition. Priced nice if you're into these cars. Notice the cassette player? Nice interior.

Yuck!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS thought K cars were ugly......but let's face it, them pathetic little buggers kept Chrysler alive through some tough times. Hard to believe these came from the same company that only roughly 10yrs before the "K" car era was mass producing 426 Hemi cars, 440+6 anything, 340s, 440/383 magnums.......a long fall from grace due to bad product management. Text book case.

By the end of the K-cars production, they used every tacky trick of the day under the sun to keep up with the competition.
The whacked out proportions of that Imp make it almost look like a kiddie pedal car.
And very outdated. Caddy beat them to the punch in '84 with those horrible proportions.

Screenshot - 9_10_2012 , 10_40_28 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Most car designs went down the tubes in the 80's. Might be why the trucks became so popular. They were still large, had V8's and RWD. For a long time, (and perhaps still), trucks have outsold passenger cars.

The big three still sell 2-3 million trucks every year. Ford taking the lead every year. All 3 offer big HP packages too.

I have never seen two bozo's run side by side as bad as this before. You mean to tell me with all the hundreds of millions of people in this country this is the best we have?

Yup, I thought the same thing too in the very beginning, but ya gotta play the cards your giving.....

:bs_flag:...................................................................................

I have never seen two bozo's run side by side as bad as this before. You mean to tell me with all the hundreds of millions of people in this country this is the best we have?

Dave, this is the first time since the mid 70's that I don't have a clue who I'm going to vote for. I may not vote this time. I was leaning toward Romney until he picked that idiot Ryan for his running mate.

Ron Paul, just because he's not on the big ticket doesnt mean you cant write him in.

If not might as well write in Bugs Bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back