Oil pan, windage tray and sealant

MEV

Reaction score
Posted this over on the drydock, not getting much action over there.

I am pulling the stroker motor and sending the heads off for CNC porting, and will be swapping in a windage tray at that time. Anyone running the 440 source windage tray in their stroker? Any other recommendations? Also my stock pan seems leak prone in the rear of the pan and in the drain plug area no matter what i do, o-ring style plug, dead soft aluminum washer, or a copper gasket/washer, nothing seems to work well. Is there a better option for a oil pan in my 66 newyorker? What about any tricks sealing the side seals and pan gaskets with the tray in between?

Mancini Racing 6 Quart Oil Pan w/Drain Plug

Check out this pan. It's a reproduction of a 6 quart hemi pan with the notch for the steering linkage. Put one on my engine I am putting in my 66 New Yorker.
Hangs below the crossmember about 1/2 or so.
Can't help with stroker windage tray.

Last edited:
Do you need a longer oil pickup with this pan? If so, I wonder if there is clearance issues with the stroker crank.

Mancini Racing 6 Quart Oil Pan w/Drain Plug

Check out this pan. It's a reproduction of a 6 quart hemi pan with the notch for the steering linkage. Put one on my engine I am putting in my 66 New Yorker.
Hangs below the crossmember about 1/2 or so.
Can't help with stroker windage tray.

Yes you need the pickup wth the pan. About working with a stroker give Mancini Racing a call bet they will be able to answer your question.

Back