Oil Pump thoughts

Which replacement oil pupm would you use?

• Standard replacement

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • High Pressure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High Volume

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • High Pressure and High Volume

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Proof positive that Mopar big blocks can and do sludge up. Was this per chance a little old lady's car?

Dave

my ‘66 Polara had a nylon gear when I tore it down after I bought it. Not sure how it was a running/driving car, but it was.

View attachment 391552

View attachment 391553

View attachment 391554

View attachment 391555

View attachment 391556
That's just nasty. Mine was pristine in comparison to that.
Proof positive that Mopar big blocks can and do sludge up. Was this per chance a little old lady's car?

Dave
Do you say this because she probably didn't drive it enough to long distance to get it good and hot?

That's just nasty. Mine was pristine in comparison to that.

Do you say this because she probably didn't drive it enough to long distance to get it good and hot?

Fact of life #1, Little old ladies drive their car to church on Sunday and never get the car warmed up.

Fact of life #2, Little old ladies rarely, if ever check anything under the hood.

Car does not get driven enough to get to a normal service interval in several years and the mess inside of the engine is the usual result. That is one reason I am always suspicious of really low mileage elderly driven cars. Usually what happens is someone buys the car and then drives the car normally and all that crud breaks loose, usually with catastrophic results.

Dave

Fact of life #1, Little old ladies drive their car to church on Sunday and never get the car warmed up.

Fact of life #2, Little old ladies rarely, if ever check anything under the hood.

Car does not get driven enough to get to a normal service interval in several years and the mess inside of the engine is the usual result. That is one reason I am always suspicious of really low mileage elderly driven cars. Usually what happens is someone buys the car and then drives the car normally and all that crud breaks loose, usually with catastrophic results.

Dave

This car did have 91,000 on the odometer when I got it.

It’s been rebuilt since those pictures. I wasn’t chancing it.

FE1695D4-911A-4BC2-A1AE-0B847AD27E7A.jpeg

Back