For Sale On Facebook page "C Mopar Body Parts Exchange"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
C Body Mopar Parts Exchange

Shubuta Mississippi

Thinking about selling my 70 300 vert. All original besides a repaint many years ago. 440 automatic floor shift bucket seats console car. Power windows power seats power locks tilt and telescopic steering. Does anyone know what it may be worth. I have a clean title
save1.jpg
save2.jpg
save3.jpg
save4.jpg
save5.jpg
save6.jpg
save7.jpg
save8.jpg
save9.jpg
save10.jpg

Yikes! Better be a do it yourselfer with some time on your hands and a love for this particular specimen!

Rough, but it can be done with a lot of love, but worth it with all the options and color. Guess who is already calling it a parts car:

C5764987-D391-4E36-AF75-10516519D01D.png

Rough, but it can be done with a lot of love, but worth it with all the options and color. Guess who is already calling it a parts car:

View attachment 237937

Well obviously it is to him. Apparently now that he's made his own mistakes he's encouraging others to? That helps. Granted, that's alot of work there, the body looks ok, and it's a '70 300 'vert! Just over a thousand made and last year of the C body convertible. Yeah, better part it out.

Well obviously it is to him. Apparently now that he's made his own mistakes he's encouraging others to? That helps. Granted, that's alot of work there, the body looks ok, and it's a '70 300 'vert! Just over a thousand made and last year of the C body convertible. Yeah, better part it out.
:thankyou: ....:lol:

Is that the dummy who parted the '70 Monaco?

I like these 70 - 71 300s probably more than anyone on this site from what I have observed so far, but I am struggling to understand who would even pay $500 plus shipping to acquire this car just for the parts much less restore it. Being in Mississippi where it is very humid and ground conditions conducive to rust on the underside, etc, plus a trashed, weather-beaten interior that needs everything replaced, and the underhood already messed with plus the engine is probably stuck, plus sitting outside probably for decades, I am wondering who anymore would actually take this car on to restore it or for parts. Except for the lower body trim, what else on this car would be worth anything?

I doubt Dave has ever restored a car or done much work on one since he only seems to buy cars already nice, but you Carmine have done major work on cars so you know what is involved very well. What are you seeing in this car that you think someone would buy it? Yeah, it was a nicely optioned car at one time with great colors perhaps, but that was almost half a century ago. And not that long ago, you were trying to sell your white Sport Fury 4 door and it took forever to finally unload it, and that was a very nice car. I think you guys are living in the past. Not many people are doing big projects any more unless it is really special. And even then, not many people at all for special C bodies are taking cars like this on. This vert isn't even a U code car and even the bucket seats have been recovered in the past with unfaithful looking covers, so it is likely high miles. And to make things worse, this example also seems to have autotemp 1 on it.

I am with Matt on this one.

I have one of these convertibles, also blue with blue interior, just like it with pretty much the same options/colors with 60K miles on it that is very believeable and that runs nicely, but it has some fairly minor rust issues typical to convertibles down where the convertible roof drains are in the rear quarters, but also shows some weathering, and I doubt I could even get $2000 for it, and I only paid $1600 for it plus shipping a few years ago.

Last edited:
I like these 70 - 71 300s probably more than anyone on this site from what I have observed so far, but I am struggling to understand who would even pay $500 plus shipping to acquire this car just for the parts much less restore it. Being in Mississippi where it is very humid and ground conditions conducive to rust on the underside, etc, plus a trashed, weather-beaten interior that needs everything replaced, and the underhood already messed with plus the engine is probably stuck, plus sitting outside probably for decades, I am wondering who anymore would actually take this car on to restore it or for parts. Except for the lower body trim, what else on this car would be worth anything?

I doubt Dave has ever restored a car or done much work on one since he only seems to buy cars already nice, but you Carmine have done major work on cars so you know what is involved very well. What are you seeing in this car that you think someone would buy it? Yeah, it was a nicely optioned car at one time with great colors perhaps, but that was almost half a century ago. And not that long ago, you were trying to sell your white Sport Fury 4 door and it took forever to finally unload it, and that was a very nice car. I think you guys are living in the past. Not many people are doing big projects any more unless it is really special. And even then, not many people at all for special C bodies are taking cars like this on. This vert isn't even a U code car and even the bucket seats have been recovered in the past with unfaithful looking covers, so it is likely high miles. And to make things worse, this example also seems to have autotemp 1 on it.

I have one of these convertibles, also blue with blue interior, just like it with pretty much the same options/colors with 40K miles on it that is very believeable and that runs nicely, but it has some fairly minor rust issues typical to convertibles down where the convertible roof drains are in the rear quarters, but also shows some weathering, and I doubt I could even get $2000 for it, and I only paid $1600 for it plus shipping a few years ago.

I actually think it's a parts car as well, lol... I was just curious if it was the same guy. :)

$500 ???? That's barely above scrap price. It's loaded and looks complete....worth $1500 to $2000 all day long as a parts car. Hopefully somebody will buy it and restore it. Before you know it there will be no restorable ones left ! I'm sucking up all the C Body parts ragtops in my neck of the woods....5 or 6 more this year. They are averaging $1500 a piece plus the haul !

$500 ???? That's barely above scrap price. It's loaded and looks complete....worth $1500 to $2000 all day long as a parts car. Hopefully somebody will buy it and restore it. Before you know it there will be no restorable ones left ! I'm sucking up all the C Body parts ragtops in my neck of the woods....5 or 6 more this year. They are averaging $1500 a piece plus the haul !

I have yet to see anyone restoring a car like that one starting from that condition these days. You are likely to lose your shirt on everyone you acquire like that. If you even figure a disc brake conversion, unique power window set ups (at least for the rear windows on convertibles), tail lights, and lower trim, I don't see parts that are worth more than $500 and then you would have to take them off in terms of labor and ship them too. People don't do that anymore it seems to me just because it is hardly worth it. Time marches on and waits for no one.

But good luck to you anyway. I hope I am wrong.

I hate to see any of these verts broken up for parts, but this one appears to have bondo issues in addition to the lower body rust. If the vehicle was still a running unit, it might be worth $1200 to somebody who wanted to get it road worthy and drive it the way it is. Even that rather minimal level of repair is going to probably run into several thousand dollars by the time one does full brakes, tires, hoses, fuel system, likely exhaust system, top and other misc repairs. Having done all that, one still has a $2500 car. If the engine is stuck, that would likely mean the car is not feasibly worth trying to repair. I agree with saforwardlook, this one is probably too far gone to be a reasonable restoration project, so this is likely a parts car. Not that it matters, but it is also missing much of the under hood A/C stuff as well.

Dave

I have one of these convertibles, also blue with blue interior, just like it with pretty much the same options/colors with 60K miles on it that is very believeable and that runs nicely, but it has some fairly minor rust issues typical to convertibles down where the convertible roof drains are in the rear quarters, but also shows some weathering, and I doubt I could even get $2000 for it, and I only paid $1600 for it plus shipping a few years ago.

The Mississippi location is worth a worry. Luckily all convertibles were undercoated, which helps, and the body looks straight. That's about all of the positives, other than what the car once was. I think all old car fans are to degree, "living in the past", though not in bad way. Looking twenty, maybe even ten years into the future, I think someone will be wishing this car was still around, perhaps it will be? I like to see the cup full, even when it's almost empty. People's negative attitudes unfortunately rub off onto other people's which never helps. And as a trained procrastinator, I do tend to deny the sad truth up until the inevitable.

My attitudes are almost always positive in life. But I have also done enough restorations to know when it just makes more sense to start with something better. I will not be on this planet forever, so spending my time wisely matters to me at least. So I try very hard to find the right balance. When I was younger, my perspective was more naive as to what restorations take, especially with cars this far gone. And what you see is often just the beginning of rust issues with cars like this. Trust me.

When guys who have never done a restoration, not a reference to you since I have no idea what your skills/experience are, tell me that a car is very saveable, I don't have a lot of respect for their opinion. This guy Lee has been around the block doing this stuff for 30 years, so I don't just dismiss what he says out of hand because he doesn't save a car I thought should have been. His realities that he has to deal with in running a shop are pretty nasty to make it work, and dealing with customers who don't have all the money they claim they do when it comes time to pay. That's why I don't easily call people dumbasses or whatever when I don't walk in their shoes. That's always easy, just not wise. What goes around comes around in my experience.

As someone who is in the middle of a 300 vert restoration, and very familiar with associated parts cars, this is not one that should be scrapped or parted. It has many of the parts that I didn’t have to start; motor, options and trim and interior that can be recovered. The clear title is a plus. Steve, with all due respect, this isn’t a project for someone who has experience or with deep pockets. This is the perfect project for someone who is has the time and space to slowly take apart and tinker. I also don’t understand the comments of having to dump $40k into getting this done. Why does a restoration have to be a #1 or 2 show car, and be done in under a year? Yes, there are plenty of examples of 300 verts that could be had for that kind of cash, but that’s not the point, is it, especially if you don’t have that kind of cash to begin with. Make it a driver, that’s pretty much what I’m aiming for. As for value, show up with a trailer and $1500 in cash and you have a decent starting point. As said before, with just over a 1000 made, someday we won’t have anymore to save.

Last edited:
As someone who is in the middle of a 300 vert restoration, and very familiar with associated parts cars, this is not one that should be scrapped or parted. It has many of parts that I didn’t have to start; motor, options and trim and interior that can be recovered. The clear title is a plus. Steve, with all due respect, this isn’t a project for someone who has experience or with deep pockets. This is the perfect project for someone who is has the time and space to slowly take apart and tinker. I also don’t understand the comments of having to dump $40k into getting this done. Why does restoration have to be a #1 or 2 show car, and be done in under a year? Yes, there are plenty of examples of 300 verts that could be had for that kind of cash, but that’s not the point, is it, especially you don’t have that kind of cash to begin with. Make it a driver, that’s pretty much what I’m aiming for. As for value, show up with a trailer $1500 in cash and you have a decent starting point. As said before, with just over a 1000 made, someday we won’t have anymore to save.
:thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back