One more option score.....what about power antenna?

emmd61

Reaction score
Just got nice original 65 NYer tailgate assist handles off eBay. This wagon I am working on has many options but does anyone know if power antenna was available?

IMG_0142.JPG

Power antenna was not a factory option on wagons, but I think @Ross Wooldridge was looking into a way to fit one. The factory power antenna was installed in the rear fender on non-wagons because the unit was too large to fit in the front passenger fenderwell.

I have been looking into a possible way to install an aftermarket power antenna in the front fender where the non-power antenna would mount. There are some very compact power antenna available now, and some that have the motor divorced from the mast and connected via cable.

I suspect that this unit would almost fit in the front fender, and would need slight modification to the inner fenderwell for clearance. I've had too many other projects on the go to dive into this though.
Fully Automatic Mini Power Antenna

Not an option for 65 wagon, but yes, I was exploring tge idea of installing one on the passenger side rear quarter. One has to deal with the spare tire, but there is room, especially if you use the factory optional 67-68 issue Chrysler front fender "shorty" style power antenna.

The 65-66 power antennas do not fit in the front fender.

Last edited:
Back