One Piece floor mat for bench seat cars

dart4forte

Reaction score
Anyone know of a vendor that still sells this item?. Classic Industries use to but apparently no more

They are still around, even the clear ones. Head to a place as WalMart with a large selection hanging on the hook. Will be universal fit. Might even be listed as "truck" rather than "car". Might even be more narrow than what you might need. Availability might be more regional in nature, rather than universally national. Even motor oil selection can be different between near-by WalMarts!

Better to get some built from Auto Custom Carpet or similar, but as sides rather than one-piece. The vinyl will trap moisture under them, which then is absorbed into the carpet underneath. Can ultimately result in bad situations for the footwells, over time. Should the a/c case also leak, more trapped moisture from temperature swings inside the vehicle.

Was there a factory version? My 72 Fury came with some. They're a bit stuff and cracked but complete...I washed them and put em back in.. they're for sure vintage but if they're factory I just think that would make them a little more interesting.

The factory production mats were separate mats for each foot well position. AND in the same color as the carpet. Thicker and substantial. Have to see a picture to determine if they are OEM mats. Mopar Accessories usually had some non-production mats, possibly even a solid front or solid rear mat? BUT few dealers usually carried them in stock.

In the longer term, those heavy factory mats might have looked good, lasted a long time, but ultimately led to floorpan rust issues. Even on non-a/c cars, with temperature variations, they'd trap condensation on their backside and under them, although no musty smell usually happened (a testament to the durability of the factory automotive carpets). On a/c cars, the a/c case would sometimes drip (outer condensate of from leaks, plus the temp changes), which only added to the moisture collection situation. Not unlike the hard rubber trunk mats! OR factory vinyl roof under-finish. So, for good measure, check those footwell areas' carpet and such.

CBODY67

Back