One wire coming from 67 727 transmission?

67furyfasttop

Reaction score
Neutral safety switch?
Where does it go?
My cousin started helping me tune up a 67 440 and 727 trans and didnt complete it. It will start when jumped from starter relay when key is on but turning the key does nothing and I have one wire from the transmission.. the only wire attached to itthat my cousin said needed to be connected but didnt know where. Pics attached. Any ides

Screenshot_20200311-194343_Gallery.jpg

20200305_214026.jpg

Neutral safety switch?
Where does it go?
My cousin started helping me tune up a 67 440 and 727 trans and didnt complete it. It will start when jumped from starter relay when key is on but turning the key does nothing and I have one wire from the transmission.. the only wire attached to itthat my cousin said needed to be connected but didnt know where. Pics attached. Any ides

View attachment 359581

View attachment 359582
It goes back up to the starter relay.

it plugs in to a wire that goes to the relay
The plug that connects to this is in the engine harness between right valve cover and oil pressure switch.
Where the wire is now coming up from the trans is on the wrong side of the bell housing

It provides the Earth side of things so the relay will work, if switch goes bad....bloody fortune for a single post switch...$17 for a 3 post......which will not do if a certain valve body plastic quadrant is not fitted.
If you ground that wire instead of connecting to the inhibitor switch the car will start in any gear, just been through all this on our Fury

Back