Opinions on Garage Windows

Lots of great ideas here.

My second garage is about 2 weeks out from being started.
Those fella's are going to have to build fast for you to have it before the Chrysler event :lol:

. The good news is I think the market for old car parts gets smaller every year, and fewer people know which end of a hot screwdriver to turn.
I don't even care to Close the Windows on my vintage fair weather Driver. Setting the choke right and finding the right gears with the three on the tree are near impossible for Young car snatchers, besides being too dangerous without headrests or belts and having Zero black market value, while the old guys who would put it into Operation as fast as the actual owner with his keys are now dead or in nursing homes.

I don't even care to Close the Windows on my vintage fair weather Driver. Setting the choke right and finding the right gears with the three on the tree are near impossible for Young car snatchers, besides being too dangerous without headrests or belts and having Zero black market value, while the old guys who would put it into Operation as fast as the actual owner with his keys are now dead or in nursing homes.

Exactly. I think the odds are approaching 50/50 that I could hold up a Theromquad and convince a person in their prime larceny years that it's a piece of alien technology.

The good news is I think the market for old car parts gets smaller every year, and fewer people know which end of a hot screwdriver to turn.
The bad news is there is always a market for scrap metal.

From what I've been hearing and seeing, most car parts etc. are stolen for scrap. That radiator with the correct numbers that it took you years to find and cost you $250 will bring $5 at the scrapper, no questions asked.

Then there's tools... There's always some sort of market for stolen tools. It might be a pawn shop or out of the trunk of a car... Someone will buy them and not care where they came from.

[QUOTE="live4theking

Locks only keep honest people honest.[/QUOTE]

Also.... Out of sight, out of mind. (Don't ya love cliché's)

I have the outdoor terrace of a Restaurant right over the street from my Garage building looking down on me like in an amphitheater. I'm under perpetual surveillance and hundreds have seen what's inside my Garage during outdoor season, of course this developed after we bought the house.

Back