Opinions rt or srt

rush

Reaction score
I'm still looking as everyone knows and I have a dealer trying to sell me a 2010 rt with 23k for 23.3. She is loaded and it has a stick. Good bad .

8043600583x640.jpg

srt has a bigger bore and higher compression ratio, more hp and torq. The difference is around 20 hp and 20 ft/lbs give or take. Both are cool, million r/ts on the road, few srts. All has to do with pocket book. I think that is a pretty good price.

SRT is way more than just an engine upgrade (the hp difference is not 20 by the way, it's more like 90). In addition to that though, it's brakes, suspension, electronics, exhaust, wheels, interior, etc. Completely different cars.

I'm not knocking the R/T, it's all personal choice but I prefer the SRT.

If you can pop for it, I highly recommend the SRT version of any LX/LY. I have an RT and someone once said "it's nice and you'll fall in love with the RT, the SRT is like having sex". I wish I would have driven the SRT before I bought my RT.

As you drive around in your RT, you'll keep looking at the SRT....
It ain't worth short changing yourself at this point in your life.
It appears to me you have paid your dues in Spades.

Thanks everyone, I have driven both and the srt is the better car without any doubt. The rt's are nice but !!!!

So......if I was looking for a SRT Challenger.

What year, options, and reasonable price am I looking for???

SRT is way more than just an engine upgrade (the hp difference is not 20 by the way, it's more like 90). In addition to that though, it's brakes, suspension, electronics, exhaust, wheels, interior, etc. Completely different cars.

I'm not knocking the R/T, it's all personal choice but I prefer the SRT.

Ross is correct, I prefer the look of the R/T over the SRT. There are subtle differences on visual features as well. The R/T is a ***** in the snow, they say the SRT is even worse, especially with the stock tires. I could have bought either but went with a plum R/T.

Bob, IF you go with an automatic you have to go with the super trac pac option, it gives you everything the SRT Has except for the bigger engine and for $400 more, that was on the 2010 models

I'm looking in the 25 to 30k range. Must have a sun roof,leather heated seats,and not black unless it has something to help it out. I have a 29k offer in on this one and am waiting for them to cave in.

22.jpg

18.jpg

Because it reminds me of some of my high school days. Why I don't know. Hey I bought a formal with a stick and hood scoops. Who else would do that????

Ross is correct, I prefer the look of the R/T over the SRT. There are subtle differences on visual features as well. The R/T is a ***** in the snow, they say the SRT is even worse, especially with the stock tires. I could have bought either but went with a plum R/T.

Bob, IF you go with an automatic you have to go with the super trac pac option, it gives you everything the SRT Has except for the bigger engine and for $400 more, that was on the 2010 models

It would have to be a manual txsm for me. Did the super trac pac option come on all manual txsm RT and SRT cars?

For that kind of money I'll get a 1969 turn key B or E. LOL!

Lesson 3:

Buy coil overs or lowering springs ASAP since the stock ride height is like a tractor.

Back