Option infos for 1973 Imperial

Marv

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does there exist any information about option and color choices for the 73 Imperial
just as shown on the pictures below? I couldn´t find any info on hamtramck or other websites so far...
The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1973 Chrysler Advance Information

73_Chrysler_Advance_Info_0003.jpg

73_Chrysler_Advance_Info_0004.jpg

Umm well maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am looking for the percentage the options and colors have been chosen for the 73 model year just like in the pictures I posted above for 1972

i know you meant what % of options & colours were installed.
generally the oic has that kind of info posted but not for all years, i left it for you to search.

These lists were more of way to keep dealers excited about ordering "a selection of popular colors" to attract customers into their stores. A possible way to get information of "what the customer wanted" into the person who did the vehicle orders' HEAD.

As fickle as the buying public COULD be, these little lists served best as "pan liners", by observation.

CBODY67

okay these lists don´t help then.. Would have been interesting though.

The automotive paint industry usually put out annual lists of colors/color families of the "top __" colors, based upon trend projections and such. Those lists had some real value to see where things were headed, or had been. Of course, those "unpopular colors" usually just faded away . . . . . .

I'm surprised by the GY4 %.

I'm not that surprised. It resembles quite well the amount of GY4 Imps that appeared for sale the last years. I've been monitoring the 72/73 models as you know and many of them are GY4. I'm surprised that 15% were either light or dark blue. Among those been on market the last years, blue cars were very rare..

Back