Optioncode A71 in 1970 model year: "Polara special Package"

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi,

does anyone know what the above named package did include?
I have details for a 1970 Charger (option A73) but do not know what was included on the Polara.
The option is not to be found in the salesman pocket guide which means and indicates it was a spring option to help increase sales.

Carsten

Wasn't that the "White Hat" edition cars? with a white vinyl roof among other options? I seem to recall that sales drive.

Wasn't that the "White Hat" edition cars? with a white vinyl roof among other options? I seem to recall that sales drive.

each year there were various packages for different models as spring packages available. For most models and years it is detailed known what they included. But I have no details about the A71 Polara package (as well as on the 1970 code A97 Fury Spring package A and A98 Fury spring package B).

But currently I am curious what it includes. I guess an electric clock and some moldings. No v-roof in this package.

Carsten

have you been reading Maos little red book :ban:

everything in it ain't true ...

In Galen's White Book it just says "Polara Special Package" and that's all.

Here's a much lesser known package they had but I don't have a clue what it was called.
2mczxjm.jpg

Last edited:
In Galen's White Book it just says "Polara Special Package" and that's all.

yes, that is all that I know about it, too.
Checked an old data book as well as the salesman pocket guides but they have no info on it. Thats why I guess it is a spring special package.

@Stan: Thanks, that is an ad for the Polara Custom, the 1971 version

where are the experts when you need them :thinker:

they must be at C-Body DryDock

Back