Original bill of sale

Old Mike

Reaction score
IMG_1212.jpg
Bought my Newport from the original owner. I think this dealership is defunct. Does anyone else have a car from there or know what’s there now?

View from the other end where there is a parking lot
upload_2019-4-20_16-49-54.png

It's pretty cool when you have that. I have mine as well originally built, purchased & lived in Windsor, ON until I bought in it 2013

Last edited:
In 1977 Falls Church Chrysler-Plymouth, Inc. moved to 6319 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA. At that point the company had already been active in Falls Church for 25 years. (Fairfax County BZA Meeting Minutes Book, Vol. 21, p. 213)

According to another source, the company was founded in 1950.

In 1989 owner Raymond Frank sold his business to William Graves, who renamed it Graves Quality Chrysler-Plymouth. That business got heavily indebted to Chrysler Credit Corp., who had the property confiscated in 1991.

At the original address, 357 S. Washington St., the Red Top Cab Company seems to be operating.

Last edited:
In 1977 Falls Church Chrysler-Plymouth, Inc. moved to 6319 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA. At that point the company had already been active in Falls Church for 25 years. (Fairfax County BZA Meeting Minutes Book, Vol. 21, p. 213)

According to another source, the company was founded in 1950.

In 1989 owner Raymond Frank sold his business to William Graves, who renamed it Graves Quality Chrysler-Plymouth. That business got heavily indebted to Chrysler Credit Corp., who had the property confiscated in 1991.

At the original address, 357 S. Washington St., the Red Top Cab Company seems to be operating.
Thanks. Interesting stuff. When I was around 12, my Dad bought a’69 Newport 4 door hardtop from Mel Wolff Chrysler Plymouth on Western ave., in Chicago. That dealership has been gone many years now.

View attachment 279731 Bought my Newport from the original owner. I think this dealership is defunct. Does anyone else have a car from there or know what’s there now?
My 1972 Duster came from there too. Your car is the only other vehicle that I know of to have been sold new there. The build date on my car is November 16,1971. There is a very good chance that the same style invoice was used during that transaction.

duster.jpg

Obviously not a C body, however it was sold new at Falls Church Chrysler-Plymouth. I bought it from the original owner July 27, 2000

Dragging up an oldie here. Chrysler Historical had told me that my '67 Plymouth GTX was sold new at "Falls Church Garage, Inc" Looking at the IBM card, the best I can make out the dealer code is 35923
I have a reproduction window sticker and the address for Falls Church Garage is 357 South Washington St, just like the header in the OP's picture so I would assume the actual name of the dealer was Falls Church Chrysler Plymouth (Garage)

1695420155305.png

1695420176294.png

1695420477013.png

Dragging up an oldie here. Chrysler Historical had told me that my '67 Plymouth GTX was sold new at "Falls Church Garage, Inc" Looking at the IBM card, the best I can make out the dealer code is 35923
I have a reproduction window sticker and the address for Falls Church Garage is 357 South Washington St, just like the header in the OP's picture so I would assume the actual name of the dealer was Falls Church Chrysler Plymouth (Garage)

View attachment 618368
View attachment 618369
View attachment 618376

Wow! My father was a salesman at Falls Church Chrysler Plymouth in the sixties. He could have sold that car. . .

Back