WANTED Original Power Steering Pump - 70-71 C-Body Big Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Cobb

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for an original Federal P/S pump taken from a 70-71 Big Block C-Body. Thanks for the ad.

PM or email: musclesigns AT comcast DOT net

Kim - It should have a spoked pulley and is the 1.06 Federal Pump (round fill tube). I have to have one that came off that specific year, model, engine. Any big block 1970-71 c-body. The operating PSI for that specific pump is the same one I need for my fast ratio e-body. It’s an internal difference only. The pumps all have the same casting number outside (2537955) but they changed the internal control valve based on the PSI requirements. So, it’s going to be a tough search unless I find a parts car or someone who remembers what car the pump came off.

Believe it or not, ur every big block pump I have came off of C bodies. I have used them A,B&E bodies and trucks. I’ll have a look later this week. Kim

Last edited:
Believe it or not, ur every big block pump I have came off of C bodies. I have used them A,B&E bodies and trucks. I’ll have a look later this week. Kim
Thanks! They’re date coded too, so we might be able to verify a 70 or 71 pump.

I found a Federal pump. I believe it’s from a 73 New Yorker. Has a 7 inch solid pulley that is pressed on. Has a cap with a dip stick on it. I’ll post in in the sale thread. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back