Overhaulin:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I'm just curios if anyone would like to have their C Body done by Chip and his team? I have seen every episode and not a C body yet. What would you like done? I'm still waiting for my wife to write in a sob story so mine would be completed. Do they do any work in other states beside Cal. What's your opinion of the show. I don't cry when i watch very sad movies, but I do get a tear when they have the reveal. I'm wishing it was me.

Foose puts out some very impressive work. And they are no longer constrained by the phony one-week "deadlines" they had in previous years, though the cars are still finished quickly, by comparison to real-world restos that take months and years.

There is a Plymouth in DFW that Foose did on one episode that will blow you away. The attention to detail is amazing, and the quality is top-notch. I had doubts too, about the cars coming off that show, but this 'Cuda changed my mind on that. I'd let him loose on any of my cars...I keep hoping to come home one day and find one "missing" only to show up on his show completely redone! I'm not a "factory air in the tires" resto freak like some, but cars that are tastefully modified and customized will definitely grab my attention!

So, yeah, if Foose were to do one of my Sweptline pickups, my Coronet, or the wife's New Yorker Brougham, I'd give the big thumbs up to it!

I have seen many cars he has redone. I wouldn't let him near any of mine!! Iam not a fan of the large aftermarket wheels, the ridicules loud stereo up grades, the 3-4 tone paint jobs, shaved door handles ect. I take pride in all my vehicles!! I work on them with My Dad and I. There is more appreciation for what you have when you do the work yourself. I also like knowing the work was done right!! I couldn't turn any of my cars over to have repairs done without looking over everything with a fine tooth comb to ensure it was done right.

Have you seen them up close, as in personally??? Or, are you going by "Well, I've seen his show a bunch of times, and his tastes don't match mine, so all of his cars suck!"

His is NOT a restoration show, like Graveyard Cars is. You want "numbers-matching air in the tires", THAT is your show.

I have seen a ton of his shows. There not even in the least my cup of tea. Most of the cars look photo-shopped. Like the tv commercials when everything looks better than it really does in person. It wouldn't surprise me if there's body filler in them.

Have you seen them up close, as in personally??? Or, are you going by "Well, I've seen his show a bunch of times, and his tastes don't match mine, so all of his cars suck!"

His is NOT a restoration show, like Graveyard Cars is. You want "numbers-matching air in the tires", THAT is your show.

I hate the Foose "look". You can spot it a mile away. Extremely talented guy but his styling is a one trick pony.
As we have said many times here before, the first one was phenominal. The second one? Redundant. The 2.465th? OK, put the masking tape away please and step away from the drawing board.

When they get a car to rebuild they ask the family what the owner would like. So if the family new he wanted factory appearing then they would do it that way. I don't like the idea of being too dam old to enjoy my car, because I can only work on it on the weekends.

So, not liking the "look" makes all of Foose's cars suck. I get it.

Yeah he sucked so bad that he was Boyd's designer...... And everybody hates the look of the cars Boyd's shop put out.

I'd love to have him do some free work for me but I'm into Kustoms. But then again I'd let any of you mugs work on my ride too so.

BUT if I were to pay someone to do custom work it'd be this guy;

http://metalshapingbysollis.blogspot.com/2014/03/rear-aluminum-car-body-section-for.html

He's a complete bad *** in metal no one's ever heard of.

I have seen several of the cars in person and a friend of mine was on the build team for one of them.
There are no compromises, a pastor here in town had his Camaro done.
The only fallacy to the show is the mark doesn't drive away with their car after the one week build.
The car goes to a different shop that does a safety inspection, I have heard mixed things about this but for one it can be more than a year before they get their car back.

Alan

So after a week of half asleep guys sweating and beating your car to death, doing lipstick work for the camera you still can't drive the car home!!..................... Real quality restorations take years to do right!! They don't happen over a week and 7 days of 24 hours straight work. Iam sorry folks. Iam a realist!! Good work takes time.

Have any of you ever noticed that when they install an engine they do very little tuning on camera? They don't even show a test drive to tune the bugs out!

I'd have to throw my hat into the "Foose" Overhaulin' ring.

I could never afford to do anything close to what his team can do as long as it was a drivable car afterwards as in not too much horsepower under the hood that would make it to bad on fuel consumption or burn the rear tires off when leaving a stop light..:3gears::3gears::3gears::3gears:

It is only a show for entertainment purposes, but I would still give my left testicle to have my car done. 18 years of marriage, I only need one ball.:giggle:

Do you have a good reason why not?
Yes, crazy lines and elaborate colors and huge wheels look good on some vehicles perhaps....camaros/corvettes/vans/chevy monzas.......not classic c body Chryslers IMO. I have no problem with mixing and matching factory options that may have or may not have come original with the car...everyone wants to individualize their to some extent more or less, but as far as his creations go I would be in the "no thank you, not interested" crowd for sure.

Back