Overheating problem with Madeline

We've been stuck in some wet dreary stuff for the past week and there are now leaves on the ground but it has been warm.

1674fi1.jpg

Tuesday: Same as Monday
Wednesday: Same as Tuesday
Thursday: Sane as Wednesday
You can finish the rest...

Here's your forecast, Stan.

image.jpg

Absolutely, now back to getting ready for hibernation...

Its too friggin hot

Really? I love it...... Sunny everyday, until today, partly sunny. 75 to 85 degrees in the daytime, 55 degrees at night........ how can anyone possibly complain about that? Especially for 45 days in a row

You're sure you scraped the top surface of the water pump housing down to shiny metal?Don't use 2 gaskets whatever you do and make sure you are using the proper torque spec. Check the billet aluminum thingy for flatness by laying a sheet of 150 grit sandpaper on a hard, flat surface like a granite countertop or a thick glass shelf and rub the housing on it a couple times. Check and rub till uniform.
Do you or anyone know where I can find recommended torque specs when installing an aftermarket aluminum water pump housing to the original Mopar 440 engine? I'm also installing a new aluminum water pump to the new aluminum water pump housing.

Do you or anyone know where I can find recommended torque specs when installing an aftermarket aluminum water pump housing to the original Mopar 440 engine? I'm also installing a new aluminum water pump to the new aluminum water pump housing.
They are 3/8" bolts so 45lbft would be max. I would probably be around 35 if I was going to measure.

They are 3/8" bolts so 45lbft would be max. I would probably be around 35 if I was going to measure.
After poking around on the internet, I just ran across this site >>>
Mopar Bolt Torque Specifications – Big Block

... where they list what looks like stock (cast iron) torque specs and show the water pump at 30 ft-lbs. Any thoughts on reducing that for an aluminum water pump to something a little less?

I'm leery that if I apply the 30 ft-lbs, it may damage the aluminum water pump housing since the torque spec is for the cast iron water pump housing. I'm guessing at least 5 lbs-ft less to tighten against the aluminum water pump housing.
Your making a problem that does not exist. Needs to be tightened evenly, and not overtightened.

Back