P/W motors for my 68, what interchanges?

dart165

Reaction score
Hey guys, need a little help figuring out which power window motors will fit in my 68 crown coupe. I bought the car years ago as a non runner, and now that i'm finally getting into it, I came to realize last night that the rear pass window motor is no good. Anybody know if Imperial motors are the same as the rest of the b/c body mopar line up? One would think it would be, but then again, knowning Imperials, I wouldn't be suprised if its an Imperial specific p/w motor.. :BangHead:I just need to know how wide i can make the search.

Here's a pic of the car as it moves along. I'll post a whole thread on the start to finish as soon as i can get some more stuff done. Thanks!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Love your car, I have a '67 coupe.
if your window motors themselves are still working the drive is repairable on them. There's a thread here that's pretty recent that explains it brilliantly. I'm about to do all 4 of mine even though 3 of them are currently working. My car seems to make short work out of these old motors, I think I've already replaced all of them once and the drivers door 3 times. If you need to replace because the motor is cooked they are the same motors all years, all models, just different bracketry so use your old brackets on replacements. Looking forward to hearing more about your car.

welcome017.gif

Thanks guys!

Well thats good to know, so any big body mid-late 60's p/w motors will work then huh? Thats definitely good to know. :)

How many miles on your Imp?

How many miles on your Imp?

It's got 47k on the clock. Bought it off a gentleman who had scored it form the original owners' estate prior to his sale to me. was last registered in 81.

Does it have ac? What options does it have? More pics please! I do love these coupes! What's the reason for tearing it down as much as you have?

Sounds like I'm Going to have to go ahead and put up a full post about the restoration of the car ... :) stay tuned!

Hey guys, need a little help figuring out which power window motors will fit in my 68 crown coupe. I bought the car years ago as a non runner, and now that i'm finally getting into it, I came to realize last night that the rear pass window motor is no good. Anybody know if Imperial motors are the same as the rest of the b/c body mopar line up? One would think it would be, but then again, knowning Imperials, I wouldn't be suprised if its an Imperial specific p/w motor.. :BangHead:I just need to know how wide i can make the search.

Here's a pic of the car as it moves along. I'll post a whole thread on the start to finish as soon as i can get some more stuff done. Thanks!

The car looks cool even with the front cap off .. waiting for the resto thread. Do you have any photos' of it together?

The car looks cool even with the front cap off .. waiting for the resto thread. Do you have any photos' of it together?

Not as many as i should. The car hasnt truly been together since i've owned it. I put up another thread about the whole story though. ;)

Back