Package tray

polarus

Reaction score
Is there anyone that reproduces the package tray for a 1972 Dodge Polara?

No, there is no one that i am aware of. You may find something generic but it wont have the roll down lip at the seat

Thats EXCELLENT!!! will they be making a variation for the hardtop 4 door and sedan 4 door? HOw about with speaker cutouts and without?

Thats EXCELLENT!!! will they be making a variation for the hardtop 4 door and sedan 4 door? HOw about with speaker cutouts and without?

I need a sedan with all the cutouts so that is what they will be working on. I'm sure without cutouts will be no issue.
They would need a decent sample to work from.

That's great news, the package tray I have has no holes, and I want to add the defogger option. Keep us posted.

The defogger option is simply a cutout. You need the speaker cutouts for that however

The defogger option is simply a cutout. You need the speaker cutouts for that however

As far as I know there were only two different panels (per body type)
No cutouts and cutouts

So if you had the rear speaker option and no rear air it would have the cutouts for the rear air and vice versa.

Speakers and no speaker , the rear defogger intake come through the speaker cutouts, the outflow is etched into the bottom of the shelf so its an easy cut out for defogger equipped cars

I hate to cut up an original package tray with no holes, I'll wait to see what happens. I wish I had one with the holes in decent shape I'd let them use it for a template.

Do other models interchange? Would a Fury fit a Polara? What about year to year?

Yes, the Fury will fit the Polara, without looking at part numbers I am presuming they will. I believe 69 to 73 will cross over between years

Great info. I still have a lot to learn about C-bodies.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. The rear tray on Medina, my '71 Monaco with rear defroster, has seen better days. @MrMoparCHP , has REM come up with replacements for which you can vouch?

Back