paint, primer, rust remover recommendation #2

70Tom

Reaction score
A while back I recommended the 3m Scotch-Brite Bristle Disc to remove heavy rust off of sheet metal. I still stand by that one.

Today I found a new product that works great for uneven and/or tight surfaces such as trunk channels and fender inner top (hood channel). After struggling during several sessions with a 4" wire wheel to remove the paint in my trunk channel, as I was about to give up and say "screw it, I'll just scuff whatever paint is remaining," I remembered that on a whim I picked up another product at Harbor Freight last week and decided to give it a shot.

And it works amazing. Totally blows through paint, primer, and rust with ease. It is called the 4" 80 Grit Nylon Abrasive Wheel. And at only $3.99, it's a bargain. I finished off the entire trunk channel and surrounding area in around an hour or so. I'm pretty darn happy because I didn't want to half-*** it before paint seeing as I've stripped everything else to bare metal.

In any event, here's some pics, and here's the link: 4 in. 80 Grit Nylon Abrasive Wheel with 1/4 in. Shank

IMG_6981.JPG
IMG_6980.JPG

A while back I recommended the 3m Scotch-Brite Bristle Disc to remove heavy rust off of sheet metal. I still stand by that one.

Today I found a new product that works great for uneven and/or tight surfaces such as trunk channels and fender inner top (hood channel). After struggling during several sessions with a 4" wire wheel to remove the paint in my trunk channel, as I was about to give up and say "screw it, I'll just scuff whatever paint is remaining," I remembered that on a whim I picked up another product at Harbor Freight last week and decided to give it a shot.

And it works amazing. Totally blows through paint, primer, and rust with ease. It is called the 4" 80 Grit Nylon Abrasive Wheel. And at only $3.99, it's a bargain. I finished off the entire trunk channel and surrounding area in around an hour or so. I'm pretty darn happy because I didn't want to half-*** it before paint seeing as I've stripped everything else to bare metal.

In any event, here's some pics, and here's the link: 4 in. 80 Grit Nylon Abrasive Wheel with 1/4 in. Shank

View attachment 114870 View attachment 114871

This is great news for me. I'm soon gonna clean and sand the surface of the trunk floor and the front and back seat floors in my '66 convertible. This tool looks like just the ticket. Thanx!

Back