Painting the lower dashboard, tips?

Came out great! When I saw the 2nd pic I though oh s#it something happened under the glove box.. But after examining, its just a reflection. Shes coming along!

Thanks, yes the 3 coats of clear have it nice and shiny. I love my new HVLP gun. I was able to get nice wet coats of clear and all I had to buff out was a few dust contaminates, no orange peel. I was never able to get this good of results from my old gun.

Was the dash metal a glossy finish originally? I only have GM experience and in the '60s their interior metal finishes were more of a semi-gloss.

Great work, I would think the clearcoat brightens the look up, as this was a single stage metallic originally it appeared to be more like semi gloss, especially after all those years.
Had a 60 Chevrolet Bel Air once, all turquoise met. inside and out, was all the same kind of single stage met. paint.

:sSig_thanks:
Was the dash metal a glossy finish originally? I only have GM experience and in the '60s their interior metal finishes were more of a semi-gloss.
Thanks to Bob's links ( :sSig_thanks: ) the I.P.'s were "low gloss"

Yes it was more of a satin finish originally, but it was the same as the exterior. Now it is a wet gloss with the 2 stage, which is fine with me it looks good with the shiny chrome. The exterior will be the same.

Back