Parking brake on an almost C-Body

BIGBARNEYCARS

Legendary Member
Reaction score
O.K. Groupiez, My '61 Batwagon has by todayz parking brake standardz a very antiquated release procedure. My question: Iz there anyone among the group that can enlighten this 'ole dawg on the exact procedure for releasing the parking brake on the almost C-body 1960 Plymouth. P.M me with a phone # and I will happily burn my minutez and Thanks in advance, Jer

9protf.jpg

rofl.gif

Sorry, Jer. :D

I don't know on Plymouths. I used to have a '61 New Yorker and it pulled out then push down to release.

It'z ah good thing I like you My little Commando1 Buckaroo! unfortunately there'z ah bit more to it on the old Iron then your instructions advise. Thankz KCImperial. My 1961 Chrysler T&C (Batwagon) iz equipped with the same mechanism N YER but I'm trying to find out if the '60 Plymouth is equipped the same, Jer

My 61 Fury has the emergency brake drum on the rear of the trans. To release I need to twist the lever and push. Not rocket science.

There's a "magical procedure" for releasing the P.Brake on 74-75 Imp's and 76-78 NYB's. I'm not sure if the 74-75 NYB has the same P.Brake mechanism as the rest of the 74-78 Formals with a P. Brake handle.

Not really trying to reinvent the wheel here my friendz. The Batwagon haz been relocated to itz new home and the parking brake isn't hi-tec but a rather odd procedure of pull back + push down. Most of us ole' fartz know that their waz no park on the early TQ Filtez and all the forward look (Pre C-bodyz) were issued ah cute little chunk of triangle shaped wood to backup the NOT SO GREAT band brake on the back on the tail shaft on the early TQ Flitez. And that Mother graciously issued already painted flat black for us from the factory. The new care taker is also by chance the care taker of a 1960 Plymouth among other very acceptable toyz. Hence my original query. Jer...on the hunt fer ah new 'n fun C-body long roof. In the mean, time if I show up at Carlisle next year or there after with an A$$ kickin' Plum Crazy '83 Plymouth FWD Pickup, DON'T THROW STONEZ, JES HAND ME AH ST. PAULI AND I'LL LETCHA FONDLE IT, LOL

Not really trying to reinvent the wheel here my friendz. The Batwagon haz been relocated to itz new home and the parking brake isn't hi-tec but a rather odd procedure of pull back + push down. Most of us ole' fartz know that their waz no park on the early TQ Filtez and all the forward look (Pre C-bodyz) were issued ah cute little chunk of triangle shaped wood to backup the NOT SO GREAT band brake on the back on the tail shaft on the early TQ Flitez. And that Mother graciously issued already painted flat black for us from the factory. The new care taker is also by chance the care taker of a 1960 Plymouth among other very acceptable toyz. Hence my original query. Jer...on the hunt fer ah new 'n fun C-body long roof. In the mean, time if I show up at Carlisle next year or there after with an A$$ kickin' Plum Crazy '83 Plymouth FWD Pickup, DON'T THROW STONEZ, JES HAND ME AH ST. PAULI AND I'LL LETCHA FONDLE IT, LOL

St. Pauli it is, looking forward to it!

Mornin' Guyz 'n Galz. FYI, The Batwagon might just show up at Carlisle again some day, it's close enough. For all youz Joyzi Boyz, It's new home iz 'bout two blocks from the Hudson on your side and within eye shot of the GW. Now PAHLEEZ PUT THE WORD OUT AND HELP ME SHAKE THE BUSHES. This 'ole dawg iz on the hunt for a 1972 or '73 Dodge Monaco LONG ROOF. I just have to end my yearz with one of those that go tah sleep in the day time!! It'z them fold up head lites that make that one special to me. I know of two that have changed handz in the last couple yearz that are both off white(cream colored). One in the Columbus, Ohio area and the other some where in the bay area or possibly on over toward Sacramento, but there haz tah be ah few more out there 'sidez them two and even green will work for me on this one! AND I'D BE PROUD TO WAX THE LUG NUTZ ON ANY ONE OF 'UM. BTW, I know Mother made the Monaco I believe 5 yearz with the head lite doorz but I'd like to stay within the first two yearz (chansez are better of it being a 440 and after that probably a 400) Yeah I'm bein' ah bit picky I know BUT? And this site and the stationwagonforum are the two best sitez on the planet for networking and I'm way seriously 'bout this. I know it'll be funeral at 10:00 auction at 2:00 at this ponderosa when the time comez, but I ain't ready tah quit pumpin' air jest yet, Jer

I, for one, seriously, truly hope you find that one perfect car!!! Best'o luck on the search and my eyes are open.

Kiss my gritz Will. I swear that's the same one that waz on Craigslist in Columbus 3 yearz ago. Price iz doubled so do that mean ah flipper gotz it now? Iz that the latest issue of Hemmings per chance. I stopped subscribing to that "wish book" before the dayz of E-bay back in the early '80s! Memory tellz me that that on haz ah green interior of all thingz. VERY ODD?

What ever happened to the brown 73 in California with a 440?
That was for sale a long time....

Back