Parking brake

Joseph James

Reaction score
Mine is inoperable at the moment.

I received FSM today for 1968. The parking brake shown for the Fury doesn't match up. Mine has the one shown for a Valiant.

Previous owner changed or did Plymouth put it on wrong (according to the by FSM)?

So, what exactly is happening with your parking brake?
a) the pedal doesn't move down?
b) the pedal moves down, but doesn't lock into position?
c) the pedal moves down & locks into position, but the car still rolls in neutral?
d) something else?

It's like it isn't connected. Cable is ok up to wheels. I'll have it apart Friday and figure out what's going on. Have a wheel cylinder leaking, so time to get those drums off.

Really, I am curious about why I have the style parking brake the service manual says is in a Valiant. Fury supposed to be pedal. Mine had a pull handle.

It's like it isn't connected. Cable is ok up to wheels. I'll have it apart Friday and figure out what's going on. Have a wheel cylinder leaking, so time to get those drums off.

Really, I am curious about why I have the style parking brake the service manual says is in a Valiant. Fury supposed to be pedal. Mine had a pull handle.

Some prior owner was STUPID & changed it.

Some prior owner was STUPID & changed it.
Thanks. Just wondered if maybe something happened on the assembly line. I have seen some used pedal style online. Another thing to fix.

My Fury has been patched together in a lot of areas instead of someone repairing it properly. Power steering reservoir cap missing. They used aluminum foil and a rubber band. Sending unit pickup had been rigged up. Plenty of other "innovations" I have to correct.

It doesn’t seem it would be that easy to convert. Do you have any pictures of what you have?

Back