Parklights on my new yorker

peterlucas

Reaction score
This might sound stupid but where should the park lights be on my 67 new yorker, its failed a warrent for having no parklights, its got the 2 big round lights each side then a little rectangle light down low each side in the bumper, are these the park lights or are they in with the normal low beam light?, i replaced the bulbs in the rectangle lights (both were blown) thinking these would be the park lights but they only come on with the normal low beam lights?

those are the front parking lights in the bumper, they should only be on if the switch is the parking lights position. they are not on when the head lights are on

This is the front of my new yorker, i have had people tell me it has newport custom style lights IMG_2124 2.jpg

IMG_2124 2.jpg

Okay, without more pics, I'd say you have a 67 Newport with a NY centre grille. The NY has lights on the leading edges of the fenders, not the bumper.

Here's the 67 New Yorker front end treatment...

4835854071_831339777c_z.jpg

4945788828_472fa36323_z.jpg

the interior is new yorker interior, new yorker badged and the VIN is CH41k , did the newport have bumper lights like that?

Does it have a 440ci?? New Yorkers ONLY came with a 440 starting in 1966. Somebody may have switched the grill, but those lights look like they don't even belong there.

The bottom lights look factory, the fittings and wires etc, is there any places over there that would sell the new yorker style corners

Last edited:
the centre part of the grill is new yorker though isnt it? anyone got any lower newport lights for sale?

Finding 67 Newport parking lights is going to be very hard. Their location made them rust magnets early on, plus they were a one year' one model only item. Probably why the ones on there now were used. Very tough to find good ones.
Yep. It's a NY'er grill.
The interior would also indicate if it was a NY or a Newpie.

< Sent from my tablet >

I see that you are in New Zealand, was the car Imported? Honestly it looks like a mix...some of the side cues are New Yorker (lower chrome, positioning of the script on rear doors) but the front fenders and trunk lid, rear quarter extensions bumper etc are Newport Custom.

Right now I'm thinking you really have a Newport Custom with some New Yorker parts slapped on it.

Here is what the rear of the car should look like:

DSCF7211.jpg

1967 Chrysler New Yorker Sedan 004.jpg

What should the interior look like, i will take some pics and post them up, ive noticednot only are the back lights newport lights but the bumper doesnt fully wrap around like the newyorker ones

Back