Parting 1966 Imperial 4dr

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Parting 66 imperial 4dr no rear bumper,crashed in front. Just have the one pic.
Decent black interior

Casting date is found on the block under near the exhaust manifold, under the block part number. In the picture shown, the casting date is June 28, 1965, very early.
20190424_183155.jpg

Assembly date is on the pad by the diz. In the photo shown, this particular engine has a block casting date in late 65 (10th to 12th month - number did not cast properly), and the assembly date is December 20 of 1965
440 casting date MALONE NY 1.jpeg

440 STAMPING ON PAD MALONE NY.jpg

Car assembly date is on the fender tag under the words SQ NUMBER. In the picture shown, the car's assembly date is some time in October of 65. For vehicles built before the actual year change, (built in late 65 for example), the month is indicated by a letter - A for October, B for November, C for December. If the car was built in the actual model year (I.E. after January 1st of 66 for example), the months are done by numbers 1 - 8 (Jan - Aug) This is an EARLY built car.
CHRYSLER FENDER TAG SMALL.jpg

Keep in mind these pictures are from different cars, hence the info on them doesn't jive if it were from one car...

Pics of all from your Imp would be fab please. I'm looking for an early cast block - some time before October of 65.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I will take a pic of the tag and post it. It has the A/C On it and I can't see the pad. looks like a very original 440. I also have another 66 imperial that still has its 440 in it. I will post that one also.

There is a big storm passing through now. I need it clear up a bit to pull it out of the bushes and move a few things that have in way. Will have pics of motor,tag and,interior soon

Sorry, it's been back to back heavy storms here.
We are on flash flood warnings. Will get to it when the storms let up

I pulled it out of the overgrown berry vines.
Managed to get the tag off before it got dark.
I will get interior pics in the daylight tomarrow.

image.jpeg

Build date is Jan 4 66. Too late for me unfortunately. However, that's the CAR's build date. Engine casting date is what's critical. See if you can come up with that for me. May still be an early casting on the block, which is all that matters to me.

Pick the best for me pal, I’m ready!:thumbsup:

Back