Parting out 1971 New Yorker wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm interested in the cargo area panels if not too dry rotted/scraped. Especially the doors on top. Also the white poly glides for the 2nd row seat (on back of seat panel)Moparjohn

Here's the pic. The interior is horrid... It's pretty much all there but really beat up. The only operable door is the driver's front - so I'll have to cut holes and get the doors open to get detailed pics for you John. I'll try to get a look at the parts you want this weekend. I've got a little storm damage to fix too but I'll try for you. 100_2703.jpg

100_2703.jpg

A38 - No mirror on this car.
John - I've got it on the trailer and the "way back" is grungy and I can't get into it...lol. Can anyone tell me how the rear door opens?? I'll post in the tech section...lol

Damn that looks rusty, I was thinking I could use that front frame....

Well, the frame where I've looked (up from the front) isnt bad. The driver's floor is shot, as is the torsion bar cross in the same area is beyond gone. So the rear of the front section might be bad. I need the nose, and it happened to have disc brakes and a much larger front sway bar than my 300 plus I think it has a sure grip, so I'm grabbing the suspension and rear too. I'll start parting it this week so I'll check the front subframe once the body steel is off it.

More pics -
John - The interior panels in the rear area are nice - no visible damage, not much for chalky, but they are fairly stiff and they'll need re-dying. I'm not sure what you mean about the bushings. I don't see any - or does the seat assembly need to be removed?
I also found a couple interesting things - I found the rear window washer - NEver seen on before so I don;t know if it's rare, but cool none the less - and the car had autotemp. Again, not sure how rare, but cool...lol.

100_2708.jpg

100_2710.jpg

100_2711.jpg

100_2717.jpg

Looks like you got it........... That is rough

Last edited:
Someone on this forum was looking for a rear bumper step. I can't recall who it was.

I can literally smell that interior.

I can literally smell that interior.
I hope not...lol. I had to climb from front to back to check the panels... I can say the rest of my accessing will be done with an air hammer...lol.
So how common is that rear window washer? I can't see or find the nozzles...lol Are they on the door or the roof?

So how common is that rear window washer? I can't see or find the nozzles...lol Are they on the door or the roof?

I remember some of these early washers were inside the door where you retracted the window into and it got sprayed then got cleaned by driving up against the rubber seal lip. Can't relate this to exactly to any model; I'm the German guy, so there's more that I read than I've personally seen.

Edit: Now remember where I read it: owner's manual of my 70 Chrysler; probably the same with yours, rust prone invention I'd say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back