SOLD Parting Out: 1974 Dodge Monaco K-code NYSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtopat

Reaction score
Contact seller
Update: 8/26/18 Trying to keep everyone apprised on whats gone/still here...

Speedometer - SOLD
Driver & Passenger spotlights/mounts/A-pillar trim are SOLD.
Passenger side wing mirror is SOLD.
HD Wheels - SOLD
Taillights & Fuel Door - SALE PENDING
Ticket Light - SALE PENDING
Wiper Switch - SALE PENDING
Door Cards - SALE PENDING
Washer Bottle - SALE PENDING
Lower Dash - SALE PENDING
Header Panel & Grille - SOLD
Headlights, brackets & bezels - SOLD
Visors - SOLD
Antenna Mount - SOLD
F/R/L/R Windshield/Window trim - SOLD
Doors/Glass- SOLD
Steering Wheel & Column - SOLD
Push Bars - SALE PENDING
Front Bumper - SALE PENDING
Rear Bumper - SOLD
Hood, Decklid, LF Fender - SCRAPPED
Rubber floor - trash
Dash pad - trash
Rear seat - trash

Thanks for your interest everyone!

Recently featured on CL and the electronic bay, I dragged this out of a quite-inaccessible New York backyard last weekend. Former NYSP cruiser DK41U... last registered in 1991. Most rotted car I've ever bought, and that's saying something. Sadly, she won't survive another move.

KsdlRqw8NYlowvTdwr6ns7C7QN5Fb8aAQZUb_LTtjd67Tbipmdn68n1imGzxt8eYh_RlOVmePadJQycRU7g=w872-h654-no.jpg

I bought it for the mystery-condition E86 440HP and the steering box to donate to my racecar. Rest of the car is for sale, the remainder going for scrap.

t-H_4V1J-3RDTprNa4YX8Qv09lN4zxfAILELFwOMFVhy6dXPxL4O-cqOkhcmKvx-9vFqDAiD6L2D1arm97w=w240-h320-no.jpg

Originally "Special Paint, Special Mask" blue over yellow, now all blue with tan (gold) interior. Besides the header panel, no good sheetmetal remains. Floors are completely gone. Front bumper, grille, headlights (1 bezel cracked) all still available. The pushbars are originally off of a Westchester, NY cruiser. Some exterior trim that survived still available. Fat guy heavy-duty bench seats are rough, but salvageable. Rubber floor covering, but condition unknown at this moment.

QSszFXetSUxFE6o_w8EgWXAkwUGveI8TiVzyNnxrA8mRhXYHjDgEULqIAiwzdnFtHgMOOdJ5oHNng9g3vIc=w480-h640-no.jpg

4 heavy duty slotted wheels, originally painted blue, with perforated center caps. (I think these are from a later car?) 2 of the caps are nice, two are dented. I think the one spare in the back seat is an original-to-the-car cop wheel. HD suspension (torsion bars, leaves, front sway bar, non-isolated lower shock mounts) 9.25" sure-grip rear axle. Misc under-hood stuff. Hell, I could be talked into letting the engine & steering box go if the right offer comes along.

cDOcTYojdUslomH5whKlaEP6XhRiLIQ614RtQG7oYQmBS1_IxSjIZ8VBuAqGsr40deQoktkBbxHijfKyyVI=w480-h360-no.jpg

If there's anything you can think of or want pictures of, drop me a message here or at interceptor281 at g mail. She'll *start* being dismantled on Friday (8/24) so get your requests in. I need my trailer to go racing (and buy more junk) I'm willing to ship at buyers expense, within reason. I can't fathom what it would take to freight(?) that front bumper.

QmuBn_aF2wBI8eIyB3RQtbNlrOUIOu-IQ1wskjySfAQfcTdLB0Shd2_AGTmihlkht28Of7Mrna6ZNXsGrPg=w480-h360-no.jpg

EDz5h6aYQ0p9mbL0dC2lfFapPEXN7xkDHTFlrCOORtEWHanv9W0sTVHrwoTZKPxKy_bJgIho9Qsr-7WL7qI=w480-h360-no.jpg

Thanks for looking
-Pat

Last edited:
Now that's a car that I won't feel bad about parting out! Looks like it did a Dukes of Hazzard landing once upon a time....

Any pics of the dash? Certified speedo, oil pressure gage?

Interior pictures coming ASAP. The car doesn't roll and the unibody is resting on the trailer, so I cant get the doors open around the trailer fenders. They're completely stuck closed regardless. I'm gonna have to cut/rip them off. Thats my plan for this weekend.

Dash pad is trash. Previous owner cut a big hole in it for god-only-knows what reason.

Speedometer is already spoken for. There is an oil PSI/water temp gauge, I'm keeping it with the engine for the time being, until the engine gets inside, as the appropriate senders are screwed to it.

So, look what I have, I'm parting it out. All the desired parts are spoken for, everything else is trash. Am I reading that right?

Coolest way to score a 440! Much cooler than the it came out of a 76 Rv story , especially in this day & age! Good luck with it.

So, look what I have, I'm parting it out. All the desired parts are spoken for, everything else is trash. Am I reading that right?
That was my only thought. Thank you for bringing that up.

This annoyed me no end;
, I could be talked into letting the engine & steering box go if the right offer comes along
after first saying;
I bought it for the mystery-condition E86 440HP and the steering box
Don't know how you meant it but I sure do know how it sounded.

It could be saved! And to think I just sold a nice stub frame, isn’t that always the way!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That would be pretty great!! LOL.

I might be interested in the front bumper. Can I get more pics of it? Any pics of whats left of the interior?

Nr6ohnFNPphmmneOW3X6aLTybrWW1H0RGvJ-gi_1rjfDOrGQzNypB2RT9UoU1kdodviBZRd1nd-6OsG3y2g=w872-h654-no.jpg

u34Dlr_FSR1UnkE-9tAIbH0AUtqvNMD7KaTX_LdV0zi5pFJZibwTqv9slCUs6kDlwdrO4qUghMmH6AzLt4E=w872-h654-no.jpg
CKyaf0TQfiHTarU2cUHbb8yZMK4KnKs8sDgM1kyk230ajUgGGrz46LCIN7u1l-Czh3xrLkjGmlkLsOyL7uw=w872-h654-no.jpg

QsbmsfBQdFCJ6yT8DJoAziuZ3sTVJGwviop1BSX_pYWbw7nIjiPR2Cghd-RxkdiJLXPDrORktHyvpgGnZVE=w872-h654-no.jpg

0tm85n-UdjXZ8Dx4h3cbQLClk1Y0pwb2aS9HlQ8Op5CcpLZ8Fhr9QcyIe7qERDI0nmxz74Q1icazFTsZAmM=w872-h654-no.jpg

2bSjGwkjC83olbDs8CwQS3gJP8VH7ANgIJ5YhhipmgR2Fe7xGwpaSTOnyWtX-4Pzu3rXf_Xtw55bDkoHUA0=w872-h654-no.jpg

ZM0NCz_aeILdbwrvcSUDyJLKpG_nf2HymQxk25XDU0b1sT8C-dmd-86bf_FxC3SoNxYFX1xzG53X-Ga1hiM=w872-h654-no.jpg

I gotta rip the doors off to get some good interior photos. That's my plan for Friday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back