Parts Wanted for 1972 Fury country Suburban

moparblake

Reaction score
Im trying to get my wagon on the road and am searching for parts and information. The wagon is a 1972 Fury custom suburban that was originally a 360/904 car and now has a 440/727 out of a 1973 Imperial (supposedly from the guy I got it from).
-I am wondering if the wrong driver side exhaust manifold is on it because the steering shaft is touching it.
-I am wondering if I can add to my harness to make it operate the hideaway headlights (previous owner installed but didn't finish). And what all I need to look at to make sure they are hooked up right.
-Where to get the hideaway headlight motor rebuilt, it's dead.
-Im wondering what gearing it has in the reared. What might have been stock back then.
Im sure I'll come up with more after posting this... Thanks in advance for any help. Its my first car/C body.

wagon 3-14-18.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice wagon but it is a CUSTOM Suburban. Country is a Ford term as in Country Squire wagon.

Please post a photo of the left exhaust manifold and tell us the casting number on the manifold.

The standard rear gear would have been a 2.76:1, a 3.23:1 was optional.

I am sure someone hear can recommend someone to rebuild the headlamp door motor. The cars with hidden headlamps used a relay system to open the headlamp doors when the headlamps were turned on. I'm sure someone hear can help you with the wiring if not provide you with the correct harness.

Ok thanks for the info. My bad one the wrong name. Ill get the manifold off tomorrow probably... as long as its not raining.

That looks like a very nice wagon, more pics please. You can determine the axle ratio by lifting the car off the ground, mark the drive shaft, then turn the back tire one rotation and count the number of rotations of the drive shaft. This will give you the rough axle ratio, as FuryGT said, it likely be 2:76 or 3:23.

I see you had Custom Suburban in the post but Country Suburban in the title so we'll forgive the type in the title, LOL :lol:

raw

well didn't get it off the car but heres the best pic I could get of the casting number.
Ive had that truck for 6 years now and paid $500 for it. Its my beater truck/winter truck.

Is that 3880800? If yes, that is the incorrect left side exhaust manifold. Photos of the entire manifold and the right side manifold casting number would be helpful so that we can give you recommendations.

Well, here is what was on the driver's side.. Don't think they're the right ones for the car. IN SEARCH OF THE CORRECT MANIFOLDS

20180531_173739.jpg

20180531_173800.jpg

20180607_211514.jpg

20180607_211520.jpg

output-2.jpg

I will try to remember to look over the weekend and see what I have. The right side HP exhaust manifold was also used on B Body's as well as on C's for several years. Since they were also used on B Body's they are hard to find at a reasonable price. I would suggest using the 70 - 71 C Body left 440 HP exhaust manifold. Not sure if it was still used in 72. They are unique to the C Body 440 and somewhat hard to find.

The passenger one looks like it will probably work, but the driver side one hits the steering coupling. The driver side also dumps towards the drivers door direction. The guy I got the car thought it was gonna work I guess and I'm finding out he cut alot of corners on it.

Alright, I didn't know about that. I just knew it looked like it wouldn't interfere with anything. At one point I was thinking of getting headers until I saw the prices on them.

Back