WANTED Passenger Door, 1969-70 Chrysler or Imperial, 2dr Hardtop (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdk2010

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm looking for a door in very good shape as the best possible base to go onto my project car.
Means no rust (surface rust I don't care), no previous damages etc.

The door will get acid dipped and e-coated anyway, but the metal has to be in great shape.

My original door was in bad shape, even though my body man did his best to straighten it but unfortunately the end result is not good enough to go onto my fully restored car.
My project is in a state where I can't or won't fix another door in not very good shape.

Please contact me if you have what I'm looking for!
Thanks.

Pictures for comparison:
1969_Imperial_Door_Passenger_Side_01.jpg

1969_Imperial_Door_Passenger_Side_02.jpg

1969_Imperial_Door_Passenger_Side_03.jpg

1969_Imperial_Door_Passenger_Side_04.jpg

Bummer! Did you try Murray yet?

I contacted Murray, DVAP and Wildcat already, yes.

Murray and DVAP haven't answered yet, Wildcat does only have one damaged door I won't use.

I'm looking for a door in very good shape as the best possible base to go onto my project car.
Means no rust (surface rust I don't care), no previous damages etc.

The door will get acid dipped and e-coated anyway, but the metal has to be in great shape.

My original door was in bad shape, even though my body man did his best to straighten it but unfortunately the end result is not good enough to go onto my fully restored car.
My project is in a state where I can't or won't fix another door in not very good shape.

Please contact me if you have what I'm looking for!
Thanks.

Pictures for comparison:
View attachment 562361
View attachment 562362
View attachment 562363
View attachment 562364
Will one from a 69 300 convertible work

Hey Bob, yes a 69 convertible door would worlk! Can you send me pictures please?
Can you PM me an e-mail address to send them to. Also I made a video of the car for my YouTube channel showing what parts were good on it. I’ll look for that video if you’d like to see that

Instead of being hard to find, it will be hard to decide which one to buy.

As I mentioned in the progress thread, I also have two doors. I didn't inspect every inch of it yet, but it looks like I have a rust free, dent free, original paint door from a 1969 300 coupe. I also have an NOS 1971 door. I know that the '71 is a different part number, but the differences are probably some extra holes or a welded bracket. Further investigation would be needed on that one. It has some small dents, typical of NOS parts that have been banged around in storage.

Shoot me a PM if you want to consider either of those for your search.

Jeff

Here's some quick initial shots of what I have.

The used door. I have to unpile some things to get a good look at the entire bottom seam, but from what I can see it's really clean. The door has been stored inside for close to 20 years now. The scrapes and scuffs are only in the paint, though I'm sure that there's a ding or two that will need a little skim coat.

IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG

The NOS door. It has the typical dings from storage, along with some light surface rust in spots. The third photo is the inside bottom of the door.

IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG

Jeff

I got the door out of the storage trailer and popped off the door panel. The bottom seam looks real good with just a bit of minor surface rust on both the outside and inside.

IMG_1388.JPG
img_1379.jpg
img_1383.jpg
img_1384.jpg
img_1385.jpg
img_1387.jpg

img_1380.jpg
IMG_1381.JPG
img_1382.jpg

IMG_1389.JPG

Jeff

I’d go with the door that was used and in good condition before the NOS door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back