1. TinyTim

TinyTim New Member

so the Y pipe finally rusted through on my 400 '74 Newport sedan. I'm struggling with getting an all new exhaust, Probably going to be a dual system because I'd like to get an aluminum top end and possibly bore/stroke the engine a bit. I have no time frame on when I'll do that though.

The other option is to have a local shop re-make the pipe and nurse the current system on another year until I decide to pull the trigger on the dual system.

I know the mantra "buy once cry once" but I'd really like to sit down and design the new system and do research on headers/pipes/etc before I go there. your thoughts?

Not that it probably matters, but this is a daily driver that I'd like to eventually throw EFI on to save a buck on gas.

2. slappys garage

slappys garage Member

I had a local muffler shop bend up a dual exhaust for my newport for 170 bucks in about 2 hours...I had the mufflers already. It's not perfect by any means, but its been on for nearly 3yrs now and I've not a problem out of it

• Like Like x 1
  3. Davea Lux

Davea Lux Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

On daily driver that you have not made up your mind about as far as the other modifications, patch it up enough to drive it.

Dave

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TinyTim

TinyTim New Member

That's a good point. hopefully it'll be a minimal investment.