Patch up or all new?

TinyTim

Reaction score
so the Y pipe finally rusted through on my 400 '74 Newport sedan. I'm struggling with getting an all new exhaust, Probably going to be a dual system because I'd like to get an aluminum top end and possibly bore/stroke the engine a bit. I have no time frame on when I'll do that though.

The other option is to have a local shop re-make the pipe and nurse the current system on another year until I decide to pull the trigger on the dual system.

I know the mantra "buy once cry once" but I'd really like to sit down and design the new system and do research on headers/pipes/etc before I go there. your thoughts?

Not that it probably matters, but this is a daily driver that I'd like to eventually throw EFI on to save a buck on gas.

I had a local muffler shop bend up a dual exhaust for my newport for 170 bucks in about 2 hours...I had the mufflers already. It's not perfect by any means, but its been on for nearly 3yrs now and I've not a problem out of it

On daily driver that you have not made up your mind about as far as the other modifications, patch it up enough to drive it.

Dave

Back