Peugeot Merger

mdh157

Reaction score
Now FCA is merging with Peugeot according to what I just heard. Wonder what changes that will bring to styling?

It is a shame what has happened to Ma MOPAR.

Not much to cheer about when it comes to current Chrysler cars, or Dodge for that matter. It's only a matter of time before the Chrysler name is history.

This is an informative write up on the merger.
Here's what the PSA-FCA merger means
or Dodge for that matter.
Nothing wrong with Dodge.
Dodge-Challenger-Hellcat-Redeye.jpg

If European style and performance floats your boat then we might be seeing something like this in NA in the not too distant future.
20462-1539098264.jpg

One by one, domestics fade into history.. I don’t think we have any TRUE domestics anymore anyway, only name sakes. :(

This is an informative write up on the merger.
Here's what the PSA-FCA merger means

Nothing wrong with Dodge.
View attachment 327718
If European style and performance floats your boat then we might be seeing something like this in NA in the not too distant future.
View attachment 327719
Dodge has been putting out this current Challenger design for quite some time, getting repetitive. Time to put that Hemi in a new body.
The Charger has too many doors, the Chrysler 300 was exciting 10 years ago, etc. Have they forgotten how to design new cars?
As far as European styling goes, I'll pass, along with most of today's boring, mundane cars.

Dodge has been putting out this current Challenger design for quite some time, getting repetitive. Time to put that Hemi in a new body.
The Charger has too many doors, the Chrysler 300 was exciting 10 years ago, etc. Have they forgotten how to design new cars?
As far as European styling goes, I'll pass, along with most of today's boring, mundane cars.
Amen Brother.. speak the gospel. Lol

When was the last time Puegeot, or for that matter Fiat, produced a car that anyone in the US would want to drive and that was reliable enough that they could drive it.

Dave

We do real road trips in the US. Like coast to coast. I wouldn’t drive an Italian or French product on one of my road trips. I’ll stick with US or German engineering/manufacturing.

Why is everybody getting worked up about this.
It's just part of the continuing shitstorm in the auto industry that will continue way after the Nursing home won't let you out anymore.
The brand CHRYSLER CORPORATION® dissappeared years ago.
Get over it.

Have they forgotten how to design new cars?
If it ain't broke why fix it? Tweaking it to go on a diet maybe but remember the Challenger reintroduction was a very successful styling update attempting to stay close to the aesthetics of the original.
As far as European styling goes, I'll pass,
Agreed but there are many Golf driving Millennials out there that would beg to differ. It boils down to what sells.

If it ain't broke why fix it? .........

More likely they’re just riding em out before they cancel sedans period. IMO. Cadillac seems to be doing the same thing. The big three have given up on sedans. Pretty much leaves the German market as the sedan makers. And forget the Asian manufacturers. They make the most boring vehicles in the world. For engineering and styling the Germans are still way ahead. I hated working with their engineers but love their product.

At least we know it’ll all fit on a key chain. Duquaine-Blumer Motors, Madison, Wisconsin. That’s where my dad bought all his big Chrysler’s from the 50’s through the 70’s.

A330C27E-2A59-4B2E-850E-26CA6BA2F433.jpeg

963D9120-C008-41F8-A473-0637EBC6B31E.jpeg

German engineering...remember Daimler Chrysler and the engineering cluster that was?

Never had a problem with Italian designed and built motorcycles. Ride em all over.
I had a 75 Guzzi 850 fresh out of the basket in 91. Rode it to Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Rode back 1400 miles in 17 hours.
It never as much as hiccuped. Pinged like hell in the mountains, though. Middle of August and gas jumped due to the invasion of Kuwait so I tried lower octane gas.
During WWII the Germans couldn't bring materiel on line due to the engineers always tinkering.

Back