Picked up a 1972 Newport today

Jolson81

Reaction score
Now I got the parts to finish my 71 Newport.

IMG_20220703_174754262_HDR.jpg

Thank you for posting. Would you be willing to share the fender tag (and, if you have that info) more about the history of the soon-to-be-departed '72?

I will if it's still there the guy my buddy bought it off of cut the core support out to harvest the engine and trans. I'm hoping it's in the trunk.

You're welcome. The car is not in good shape but the dash and floor pans are the main reason I got the car. If someone needs some parts that I can't use on my 71 I'll be glad to help out.

How is the windshield?
Can someone tell me if it is the same as a 71?
If the car is to end up crushed, I would be happy to purchase any factory documentation and any tags that you are willing to part with and not let them get crushed. I hate seeing build sheets and tags get crushed and melted.
Thanks for posting the info!
I'm sure we all would love to see more pics of the car!

How is the windshield?
If the car is to end up crushed, I would be happy to purchase any factory documentation and any tags that you are willing to part with and not let them get crushed. I hate seeing build sheets and tags get crushed and melted.
The windshield has a crack at the bottom passenger corner as far as the tags and stuff if you want them I'm fine with that.

How is the windshield?

IMG_20220706_152354196_HDR.jpg

How is the windshield?
I'll try to get more pics up. I do have the interior door panels off already to keep the weather off of them if anyone needs them.

Seems finding a 71 newport windshield in low mileage shape is fairly difficult.

If you end up tearing out the stubframe and aren't planning on using the rubber isolators, I'd be I interested in those assuming they're in useable condition.

Yeah the guy my buddy bought it off was going to derby it. I think he might of done that it is also missing the drum brakes on the back.

Hi Jolson, it's been a while but maybe you still have some parts. I'm looking for a dashboard in green. Do you still have it and can it be used?

Back