Picked up a new toy!!

NewportTM

Reaction score
IMG_0117.jpg
Finally talked my good friend into selling me his 57 Ford. This is a one family owned car. 312 Y Block. My wife loves this car. We will be driving them (the 57 and 66 Chrysler) to shows all over California. It`s going to be a great car show season!!!

IMG_0117.jpg

Not sure how good a car the 57 Ford was, but I sure liked how it looked. I liked the 57 Plymouth Furys too, but not much more. I thought the 57 Chevys were the worst looking of the bunch - relatively short fins on a relatively stubby and thick appearing body. The Ford seems more longer and flowing, more cleanly done. Yet everyone seems all nuts over the 57 Chevys. Both of your cars look to be in very nice condition. Enjoy!

Very sweet, congrats! Looks like you guys are in for some fun times!

My oldest brother had a 57 Ford Skyliner with the retractable roof back in the early sixties. He bought it cheap with the top not working and fixed it. He drove the wheels off that car.

My Dad had several. A 292 & 312, and maybe a 6 cyl if IIRC. One had stick w/overdrive. Nice cars.

A friend of mine from church has 2 of these 57's.
One he has had since he was about 17 years old. He is now about 55.
I admit that this is not the exact car but a good colour scheme facsimile..:drunken_smilie:
The second is in the process of being restored.

DSC_01791-1024x680.jpg

NewportTM is that a convertible or retractable hardtop? I knew a guy that had a 59 retractable, I think the 57 is a better looking car though

more pictures please. the 57 ford is on my top 10 favorites list

I'd take a '57 Ford over a '57 Chevy any day. Very nice indeed.

I had a '59 Ford-292-3-on-the-tree-w/OD in about '77 (and let me tell you, a '57 looks so much better). I put a mighty Hurst floor shifter in my car that made it go so much faster... and painted the dark blue and white using poof cans. The not-so-good ol' days back then but boy, it was one learning experience after another.
59_ford.jpg

59_ford.jpg

Thanks for the kind words and stories.

Looking forward to cruising in the passenger seat. Don`t think the wife is going to let me drive it much...LOL

57-Ford-Fairlane-500-rear-300x189.jpg
A friend of mine from church has 2 of these 57's.
One he has had since he was about 17 years old. He is now about 55.
I admit that this is not the exact car but a good colour scheme facsimile..:drunken_smilie:
The second is in the process of being restored.

DSC_01791-1024x680.jpg

That's a Canadian Meteor. They look good in red and white.

There used to be a kit on the market in the 60's to install Edsel wagon tail lights in a 57 Ford. They look pretty good.

Kevin

57-Ford-Fairlane-500-rear-300x189.jpg

The early seasons of M Sqad featuring Lee Marvin used These 57 models as black base Custom or Custom 300s, loved the Looks.
I find the 57 Chevrolets not bad either especially if you look at the lower lines of the 150/210s especially the Club Coupe 210 with the Delray interior. I love that one.

1957 was a good styling year for most. The 58 Chevy restyle was suppost to be a 57, There were some engineering issues and Chevy scrambled to do a make over on the 53-56 platform and that's how the 57 Chevy came to be. Some heads rolled at GM over that.
It is also the last year that Ford outsold Chevrolet.

This was my daily driver for 3 years in North Carolina. A 292 3-sp straight shift. Someone made an offer I couldn't refuse and got it away from me. DAMM.....

57 ford wagon.jpg

Back