Pics of 69-73 C bodies

See?

20220526_151513.jpg
20220525_205034.jpg

Took Clarissa away from her natural habitat today and did a little green laning.
Since I cleaned the carburetor and put new points in, she's running so nice!

C8A14BC9-CBC9-4A3D-B5D9-D495D1285F9C.jpeg

Makin sure the T&C makes the show at Volo on Saturday is next.
It's back at my shop this week @Xenon & me will be working on it til its ready to go.
Between the business and making time for the cars have been a challenge lately, but it just seems like its part of life, and all we can do it try to make it all work. It usually does.

Makin sure the T&C makes the show at Volo on Saturday is next.
It's back at my shop this week @Xenon & me will be working on it til its ready to go.
Between the business and making time for the cars have been a challenge lately, but it just seems like its part of life, and all we can do it try to make it all work. It usually does.
It would be really neat to be at Volo to see that beauty of a wagon getting some much deserved love rather than remaining desolate in my back yard. I am so glad Xenon got it and is giving it much love it deserves. I initially bought it many years ago now and it still remains my favorite wagon model and the colors on it are the ones I would have chosen if I was ordering it back in 1971. Seeing it like it is makes me smile! Glad he received help from a friend and was allowed to use your great shop to make the transformation. The virtually complete lack of any rust hopefully made the effort more fun.

Take a lot of photos for me!

Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
Here's one I owned from about 2003-2009.
Was a mostly-original survivor car with ~85k on it, I sold in 2009 with about 94k.
E86 TNT, discs, 3.23SG, buckets/console, tilt/tele column, PW, AC, AM 8-track, headlight sentinel, rear de-fogger, power seats (both!) - and some other things probably.
I would've earned into the 'you suck' club with this one, if it existed back then.

Saw it advertised in the local B&W wheeler-dealer paper over several months by a broker with 'call for price'. (listing mentioned the originality, teh TNT, the low mileage)
I didn't call, because it was a broker so the price was surely too high.
Was advertised in Auburn IN, home of a big yearly auction - another reason it had to be too expensive.
Apparently everyone else felt the same way, so it didn't sell.

Called one day (just to remove it from consideration), was given the price, and was glad it was via phonecall so the broker didn't see my jaw drop. I nonchalantly asked for the owner's number so I could get more info. Broker gave it to me with no fuss - might've been glad at possibility of getting this loser-car off his logsheet in any way possible.
Made arrangements with owner for a visit, and the rest was history. He was selling because he said he was a B-body guy and not really his kinda car. I didn't know what a TNT should run like compared to my standard 440s - it was strong, but I expected more - and might also be why he didn't want it.

It was a royal PITA to get that car sorted, but after a laundry list of replacement parts I found the ~30hp it seemed to be missing. Night and day difference.

2nd pic:
I'm at a Mopar car show, the car is being ignored because it's the *only* C-body there (as usual), when a guy says somethign about owning one like it. I didn't listen very well at first, IIRC I was talkign to the guy next to me. But he persisted so I switched convos and started listening. It wasn't a Newport he used to own, it was a 300. And he still owned it but wanted to sell it (curiosity now piqued!) And then he explained that the 300 was a Hurst, was I familiar with those? (who isn't???) I asked where he lived - was about 15min away. (!!!) So I followed him home and got some pics of the cars together.

I sold the car at a swap meet in spring 2009, to a guy from Canada, he got it for his Dad. I haven't seen hide/hair of it except for a lone pic on the internet I stumbled upon maybe a year ago (LAND YHT). It looks a different color, but the sunlight did that with this shade of green. I noticed the THREE was missing from the trunklid (I pulled my THREE off at one point because it was getting loose and I worried about losing it). Upon zooming in, I could also see some dabs on the trunklid where I had put a poorly-matching shade of green from a brush-bottle). Ironically, 13 years later, and in a different house, that THREE is hanging on my basement pegboard. I tried to convince my wife that photo this was my old car, but she couldn't conceptualize that it was like me recognizing an old friend. Had to show her the THREE before she believed me.

The 2 pics (with the 65 300 in there) also show a sliver of 'The Great Pumpkin' - which I'll post next.

1656102401219.jpeg

1656102452597.jpeg
1656104141171.jpeg
1656102350383.png
1656104477077.jpeg

#2, The Great Pumpkin:

This one might've gotten me in the 'you suck' club also - an Aug 69 build, buckets/console, and the color, of course.
GT No 3#
Here is where I discovered my old car for sale - although not at first. I thought I was looking at a GT, so wasn't looking critically.
There was discussion about not being a real GT, and also about the paint color, and I matched the VIN in some old paperwork in the basement and figured out it was my old car.
I started toying with the group on post #12, and got away with it for a few posts before @300rag got wise.
More of the story on the car is in that thread I believe.

Top pic circa 2000, bottom pic 2020.

1656105637075.png

1656105691589.png

And for @ayilar, who seems to like such things:

1656105950324.jpeg

Back