Picture of the Day - CHP Fleet

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
This is a picture of a fleet of 1969 CHP cars taken at the CHP facility in Sacramento. The front cars are awaiting their equipment, about half way back are those that have been done.

Other interesting things.
1. You can see the difference in the side trim in the two cars nearest the foreground. One has the smaller simple half round bead and the other the wider trim with the rubber bumper.
2. No window stickers

Not seen in this picture is the "temporary" registration in the back window, this was the same as the ones issued to other new cars in California.

0501-Fleet.JPG

Alan

Last edited:
Wouldn't be nice to find that fleet sitting somewhere today. LOL!

They are all still hidden in a secret storage lot in the Sierra Nevadas awaiting CARB certification.

The 1975 era Dodge Dart Coupe picture is of the Mexican Police I beleive. Besides being a coupe they appear to have factory hood scoope hoods. Wow that is neat.

This is a picture of a fleet of 1969 CHP cars taken at the CHP facility in Sacramento. The front cars are awaiting their equipment, about half way back are those that have been done.

0501-Fleet.JPG

Alan

Thanks for sharing! A great pic and even greater CHP history of US fuselage mopars! Makes me sad and happy on the same moment... Thank you!

Last edited:
May I add some more? Some police pictures from back in the day. Mainly formal monacos though...

This was a sad day for the CHP, 4 officers were killed in a shootout, April 6 1970.

One of the bad guys died in prison (2009, suicide), the other killed himself later in the day at another location.

As a result of this training methods and other operation practices were changed and for the most part have become the standard nation wide.

Alan

Thanks for posting some great vintage photo's. I like the one of the MA. State Police Fury with snow tires. I have to admit when I first saw the last photo with the 69 C.H.P. car I thought it was rust on the rear bumper when I realized it was blood it stopped me in mid thought. A very intense photo.

I love the 59 Dodges.
Awful picture of the blood on the 69 Dodge. Imagine having to go tell the families.

Back