Pie pan for fury

Harold Laird

Reaction score
I have a 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury with a 440 L code Super Commando engine. Does anyone know if there is a pie pan I.D. for this with the small cone that will fit a dual snorkel air cleaner housing? TIA

Nick’s garage shows the air cleaner he has as correct for his car. Every picture shows the small dia. center cone. Just like the lid I have on my Monaco.
None show a “pie plate” rather a decal readily available at Classic Industries and others.

You have 2 problems.
1) You have the wrong air cleaner. There was never a small cone air cleaner on a 440HP engine.

2) There was never a pie tin to fit a small cone air cleaner from Chrysler Corp.

Nicks garage is a good place to start, but there are too many paragraphs that state he is “not sure”
He shows the 1966 TNT with a small cone and a decal, which is correct. Well that wasn’t used in 1967 and it’s a decal not a pie tin.

Right from Nick’s Garage webpage.

“1968 383 and 440 dual snorkel for Dodge and Plymouth B and C-bodies. Note oval snorkels but small center cone. Will not accept pie-tins. Chryslers with the TNT and 383 HP engine option seem to use different air cleaner with longer snorkels and can take a pie.”
upload_2021-8-3_11-31-44.jpeg

He shows the 1966 TNT with a small cone and a decal, which is correct. Well that wasn’t used in 1967 and it’s a decal not a pie tin.

I can tell you that isn't correct.

The '66 TNT graphics were printed directly on a piece of aluminum that was glued to the air cleaner. It was not a decal.

Jeff

Back