Pitman arm

72 Furyguy

Reaction score
No one around here seems to be able to get a pitman arm for my fury....I could use some help...I have a moog number because I called federal mogul...K 7072. Any cross reference or other manufacturer part numbers would help..thanks:BangHead::BangHead:

Are pitman arms the same for 65-73? All I can find listed is for a 73. Don't see why they would change them if tie rods stay the same.

Are pitman arms the same for 65-73? All I can find listed is for a 73. Don't see why they would change them if tie rods stay the same.
I just found out there are at least a couple sizes. Mine was just rebuilt incorrectly. I know they are different for power and manual steering too.

I knew about the power vs manual, wasn't sure on sizes. My logic is the 69-73 cars used the same pans with the notch and I wouldn't think they'd design something for just 73 then change it for 74. I'm going to order the 73 pitman and see if it matches my 66. It only time and money.

According to the books that we have the 67-73 power steering used one part number and manual steering used another from 67-70. Hope this helps.

Thanks
James

I ordered a pitman arm for a 73 Polara with power steering, and it is not the correct arm. It's just a little short, maybe an inch or so.

Never heard that before but not surprising ... is that a fact?
I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who's next door neighbor had a brother-in law that worked at the Post Office and he said that....
Yah. Must be fact.

I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who's next door neighbor had a brother-in law that worked at the Post Office and he said that....
Yah. Must be fact.

Sounds reasonable actually ... the had firm feel sectors in Diplomats so maybe a precursor to that was the shorter arms like the fast ratio steering in some E bodies

Are you saying the shorter arm would work withthe rest of the steering?

You would have to have shorter Pitman AND idler arm I believe. I don't think anything else was different but hopefully someone else can answer that for sure

Then wouldn't there be another part number somewhere ? Actually four more numbers

I tried one vendor, didn't pan out. I'll try another one, but I can reuse what I got if I can get the rest done in time. I'd never ser the new one in time for the show this weekend.

Back